Thursday, April 1, 2010

GoG 89: The Cory and Mikey, Trayvon and Johnea

A few of the adults from after school pulled together to plan an afternoon with some of the kids at the park yesterday .... seeing as they were on spring break and all. We piled 8 inner city kids into our cars yesterday afternoon and headed to Garfield Park for an afternoon of peanut butter and jelly, flamin' hot cheetos, swings, slides, rollin' down hills, soccer .... and fun.

We drove all over creation to pick up the kids .... 42nd and Post Road ... the corner of 16th Street and Brookside Park ... Eastside Church of the Nazarene off of Gladstone ... aaalll over. Whew! But half the kids rode with me ... and it was a good time! I had Trayvon, Johnea, Cory, and Mikey in the car with me. Cory and Mikey are little black boys ... 4 and 5 years old ... brothers ... and way too cute for their own good. They strapped themselves in their seat belts in the back seat while Trayvon sat in the front seat with me, jammin' to my iPod and dancin' .... and callin' my friends on my cell phone. Then we picked up Johnea, who took Trayvon's seat in the front. Johnea is my favorite. You're not supposed to have favorites in ministry, but you do. You can't help it. Johnea is 13 .... and I haven't seen her since last summer. I've missed her. She is a ton of fun! ..... And seeing these little people was a huge blessing! God's grace, too - how does He allow me to work with the loves of my life - KIDS!!!!! :D By His grace .... that's how! :)

No comments: