Monday, May 31, 2010

GoG 143: The Swing By The Lake

Monday. Good day. :) Hannah and I left for Mackinaw City, Michigan for four days next to Lake Michigan, traveling on the ferry to Mackinac Island, and just relaxing and enjoying our singleness together. .... We took the long way to Mackinaw ... driving up the west coast of Michigan. Hannah and her family used to travel to Bear Lake (on the west coast), and she wanted to check out that area again. And the drive was my glimpse of grace for that day for several reasons ....
~ Time with Hannah ... chatting and laughing and listening to music.
~ The sites ... Lake Michigan is gorgeous - and all the trees and hills and landscapes were beautiful!
~ I love to travel ... seeing the sites is great, but I also just like to drive. I guess I didn't drive - Hannah did - but still ... ;)
~ Ice cream! ... I think we had ice cream every day of the trip. And ice cream just makes life good!

~ The swing ... Now that I think about it, I remember the swing, and it was the most vivid glimpse of grace for the day. There was a swing set on the shore of Lake Michigan in a little town called Frankfort ... and right before we left, I jumped on that swing and started swinging. Swings are a ton of fun for some reason. You're just swinging back and forth, but it always makes me grin really big every time I swing - no matter where I am. I don't know if I just feel silly for swinging like a little kid or I'm feeling so sick that I can't help but laugh at myself for being so dumb for continuing to swing or the fact that it feels like a roller coaster or that it's just flat out fun. But I always grin really big and giggle like a school girl every time I swing. And I remember thinking .... "Ha! This is grace!" .... while I was swinging. :)

So yeah .... go traveling sometime. It is grace in action. :)

1 comment:

bakerhj said...

Yay!!! Swinging is fun!! Thanks so much for coming with me to Lake Michigan/Lake Huron!! :D