Sunday, June 1, 2014

Journey with Jesus Day 4

"My God will supply every need of your according to His riches in glory ..."
"With confidence, draw near to the throne of grace, that you may receive mercy and find grace to help you in your time of need."
Philippians 4:19 and Hebrews 4:16 ... sounds good to me!
God gives us EVERYTHING we need, and because of Jesus' shed blood, we can draw near to God ... be in His presence ... always and in confidence that He will hear us and answer us.  And ya know?  I think God knows that I NEED to get healthy.  I NEED to be physically and emotionally and relationally and perspectively (yep, I just made that a word!), and, especially, spiritually healthy in order to honor God with my life.  And so, right here, in my Jesus Calling devos today ... God promises to take care of my NEEDS ... I just need to press into Him to receive that grace and mercy to continue with my Daniel Plan for these 40 days and for every day for the rest of my life. ... Yep.  That sounds good to me! :)

Today wasn't too good in the food department.  Sundays are rough.  I kind of think of them as my "day off from life."  Haha!  Sundays are my favorite day of the week.  I love going to church, and I love spending time with my SoZo-ers.  I love naps, and I love going out to eat with my family.  All of these are consistent Sunday doings.  Our food schedule is usually thrown off on Sundays 'cause we always go out to eat (and not usually to healthy places ... it's our day off from life after all ;)), and we don't eat dinner until after SoZo, which is late.  So ... I know most of these are excuses.  But I'm just letting you know what we go through on Sundays.  So hopefully over time, we will make better and better choices for our Sundays.

So here's what I ate ... just know it's gonna be bad ahead of time. ;)
Breakfast - Mojo granola bar, cheese stick, and mixed berries ... not too bad :)
Lunch - Mexican - yum!
Dinner - pizza, chips, veggies with dip, and soda
Dessert - bowl of ice cream
Snack - popcorn and pickles
64 ounces of water ... that's good, right? ;)

Tomorrow begins my summer job at The Porch!  And it's a great day to try again with my eating, fitness, focus, relationships, and walk with the Lord.  What are YOU starting again tomorrow??? :)

No comments: