Thursday, May 17, 2012

I'll Follow

"You lead, I'll follow, Your hands hold my tomorrow,
Your grip, Your grace, You know the way,
You guide me tenderly,
When you lead, I'll follow,
Just light the way and I'll go,
Cause I know what you got for me is more than I can see,
So lead me on, on, on and on,
Just lead me on, on, on and on."



For some reason, every time I hear these words, I get all choked up.  They are the chorus to one of my all-time favorite songs ... "You Lead" by Jamie Grace.  Seriously.  What is the deal?  Pretty much every single time I hear this song ... as soon as the chorus comes on, I can't sing it 'cause I'm too busy almost crying. ... These words are just so powerful to me.  They are such a precious promise to me and for me ... and you too.  When we give up control of our lives and our future and our everyday circumstances and let God do the leading, He holds us steady.  His grace is more than enough to get us through anything.  He KNOWS the way ... He MADE the way, for crying out loud!  So He WILL guide us in that way.  Isn't that incredible to think about??? :)  So when we follow wholeheartedly ... when we accept and trust that God knows what He's got in store for us and believe that it is sooooo much better than anything we could ever come up with, then He holds us tight and leads us where we should go.  Everyday.  In every situation.


That is powerful stuff, people!  What an incredible promise from the God of the Universe, who cares about each and every one of us enough to have a plan for us and then guide us through that plan!  He doesn't just create us and then leave us.  He is ALIVE and ACTIVE in our lives!  All we have to do is have a relationship with Him and allow Him to LEAD us in the way we should go. ... So cool.  It is a promise.  And it is my prayer for my life ...


God, when you lead, I'll follow.
I'll follow.
I'LL FOLLOW!
So lead me on and on, on and on.

No comments: