Saturday, January 7, 2017

Bethel is 2 months old!


Our sweet Beth turned 2 months old on January 2nd!  What a beauty!  We are so grateful to be her parents.

What Bethel is doing and learning these days ...
Drinking 5 ounces of formula every 2 to 4 hours! ... She was about a pound and half smaller than Haddie when she was born, but I'm starting to think she's gonna be even bigger and stronger than Haddie when she gets older.  She is gaining weight and growing in length so fast! ~ Smiling! :):):) ~ Engaging with people's faces and dangling toys ~ Reacts to a variety of noises ~ Pretty self-sufficient for a 2-month old ... plays on her back in her pack 'n play and under her dangly toys on the floor for 20-30 minutes at a time, sits in her swing/rock 'n play for 15+ minutes while I cook or load the dishwasher ... she'll even sit propped up on the couch for a bit by herself ~ She likes being held up where she can see her surroundings; she's not one to be carried laying down in our arms - she's gotta see what's goin' on! ~ She's a super gruntin' pooper! ~ She gets plenty of tummy time and is able to push herself up some and hold her head up well ~ Sleeping 5 to 7 hours a night ~ Doesn't do nearly as much sleeping during the day anymore ... a handful of power naps and MAYBE one 2-3 hour nap each day ~ Likes it when her big sister is around ... even though she occasionally gets squished, smacked, and bopped on the head ;) ~ Really likes laying on her back on the dining room table ~ Notices her hands often ~ An absolute cutie bug!

What Mama is doing and learning these days ...
REJOICING!  In God's faithfulness, kindness, goodness, and working in our lives! ~ Loving being home with my babies most of the time and working outside the home just a few hours a week ~ Soooo grateful to my parents and Gma for giving me work and offering to watch my sweet babes while I do so - they are so incredible and generous! ~ So thankful for the kindness of my parents and parents-in-law for supporting us and giving us so much! ~ Growing more in love with my husband and babies everyday! ~ Reading some good books - Walking with God in the Season of Motherhood by Melissa Kruger, Hearing from God Every Morning by Joyce Meyer, my NLT Inspire Bible, and (I'm trying to read) Power of the Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian and Dare to Discipline by James Dobson. ~ Learning to depend on the Lord in every circumstance - Dependence is my word and only resolution for 2017 and beyond ~ Praying for God's direction and wisdom in our lives, especially concerning our finances/me getting a job or not, what it will take for us to get back out on our own, and how to parent our children HIS way ~ Trusting the Lord for His provision ~ Totally flabbergasted about the astronomical daycare costs, so I may not be finding a full-time job afterall ... but now, I'm not sure I even want to because I'm enjoying more girlies so much :) ~ Doing amazingly well in my attitude about getting up with Bethel once a night ~ Growing in grace and overcoming self-condemnation more and more over time - whoop, whoop! ~ Cultivating a thankful heart and seeing noticeable results - praise Jesus! ~ Hopeful ~ Excited ~ Thankful! ~ I could keep going, but I will stop here.  God is just so faithful!

No comments: