Tuesday, November 8, 2011

30-Day Photo Challenge Day 9



Day 9: A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most

This guy is probably the most incredible person you'll ever meet. Ben Nilsen is nonpareil. Haha! Didn't know I had such cool words up my sleeve, huh? ... Actually, I'm stealing it from a really great lady from church, Ronda Coon. :) ... Nonpareil means "a person or thing having no equal." That's quite a word, eh? Well, I think it's the perfect word to describe Ben. If you knew Ben, you'd agree. :) But anyways ... Ben is a great friend of mine. We've kind of lost touch over the past year ... and I still need to call him up for a friend date - told him I would do that weeks ago! Man. But I called him a few weeks back, and even though we hadn't spoken in months, we were able to chat like old times. I'm so thankful for that.

Ben has probably been my greatest encourager ... especially, a couple years back when I was going through a really rough time. I'd had a falling out with a friend, and I was totally heartbroken over it. It caused me a lot of pain. And Ben was my greatest supporter, listener, encourager, and prayer warrior friend during that year of my life. He's the kind of friend you know is praying when you ask (and even when you don't) ... you know is caring even when you haven't spoken in a while ... you know will drop everything and come to your "aide" if you need it. ... We may not be as close or stay in touch as often as we used to - seasons come and go - but Ben will forever have a special place in my heart for all the support he gave me during the roughest season of my life (so far, anyway). I really love and appreciate that guy! He is an incredible brother in Christ! :)

No comments: