Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Currently ... (Stolen from Emily)

I'm stealing this idea from Emily's blog over at "The Thought Spot ..." ...........

Currently, I am ...

~ Watching ...
Lost.
Yes, everyone has already told me I should stop now before it's too late.  Haha!  I hear the ending is pretty lame ... but I'm too hooked to quit.  So I guess I'll be disappointed like everyone else; I'll be bummed I didn't stop when everyone told me to; and then I'll move on to Downton Abbey.
Justice League.
I think Darrell has given up trying to watch this WITH me, which is okay.  But we started watching it together ... but when we watched it late at night, I just couldn't keep my eyes open.  (I can't do that with any show late at night though!)  So I think he moved on without me.

~ Reading ...
My ESV Bible.
Almost everyday. :)  The past couple of weeks were a real struggle, but before and after that ... almost everyday.  Yay!  Been lovin' me some Psalm 37:3!
When Perfect Isn't Enough by Nancy Kennedy.
It's a book/devotional that I've been working through for quite some time.  It's all about the Proverbs 31 woman.  Lots of human, even more great questions to ponder and Scripture to soak up and think about.  My journal is full of thoughts about the Proverbs 31 woman.  It's so great!
Boundaries by Cloud/Townsend.
Not sure I can count this as what I'm currently reading 'cause I don't know when I last read part of it.  But I started reading it several weeks ago, didn't even make it through the first chapter, and it's been sitting on the top shelf of my bookcase ready to read ever since.
Freedom Writers Diary.
Again, I probably can't count this one either.  I started reading this the day of my big Praxis exam but haven't read any of it since ... and that was over a month ago.
I may be the worst reader ever!

~ Eating ...
Junk food.
Yeah.  I've been really struggling to eat well for several months now.  It's so easy to get in a rut.  And when your husband thinks you're the "sexiest woman in the world," it's easy to say, "I'm good enough for my husband, so that's good enough for me."  But I do want to be healthier and have more energy and lose a little weight ... so I am still trying to do better.
Trader Joe's/Organic and All-Natural Foods.
I will say I have been doing our grocery shopping at Trader Joe's and the organic/all-natural sections of Meijer for the past 6 months ... so I'm making progress.  And boy, do I love Trader Joe's!

~ Drinking ...
Sweet tea!
Yep, I'm addicted.  Overall, I am drinking less sweet tea than I used to ... but I'm not sure I'll ever give it up.
Water.
I am working at drinking more water than anything else!

~ Learning ...
Psalm 37:3.
"Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land, and befriend faithfulness."  I am learning more and more to trust God completely, even when I don't understand or like what's going on.  I am learning that God is more concerned with our faithfulness than our happiness or success or even fulfilling His calling for our lives ... because that IS His ultimate calling for our lives - to be faithful no matter where we're at or what we're doing.
Thankfulness.
I am learning to replace bad attitudes and discontentment and not being a teacher with thankfulness.  I am learning to praise and thank God instead of complaining.

This was fun!  You should do it too!  I'll ask what Emily asked ...
What are YOU doing CURRENTLY??? :)

No comments: