Wednesday, January 8, 2014

R1211 part 1.1

Time for some more ZEAL talk!

Romans 12:11 - Do not be slothful in zeal; be fervent in the Spirit; serve the Lord.

Zealous living is living with PURPOSE, PERSPECTIVE, and PERSISTENCE.
Today, we will focus on PURPOSE.
Purpose - "that which a person sets before himself (herself) as an object to be reached or accomplished"
Purpose = Goal

What gives you purpose in life?
What things do you set before yourself to accomplish?

It could be your New Year's Resolutions.  It could be your bucket list.  It could be a day to day thing or a weekly or yearly thing.  It could be something you never think you'll achieve but you keep trying.  It could be something you achieve everyday. ... For me, my greatest purpose in life is to love and honor and serve Jesus Christ, my Savior and Lord.  This is my greatest goal.  I work on it everyday.  I fail at it too.  But I keep working on it.  Some of my other purposes are loving and serving my husband, loving and teaching my SoZo kids, being an encourager, continually growing as a person and a Christian, making better habits for myself concerning my health, and learning to be more thankful and more faithful.

Go grab your Bible, and read Exodus 1:8-22.
Now read verse 17 again.
"But the midwives feared God ..."
Purpose for the midwives who saved the Hebrew babies was to please God, not men.  I love that PURPOSE!  I want that purpose to be MINE!  I want to focus on pleasing God no matter what the cost.  'Cause it was probably pretty dangerous for those midwives to disobey the Pharaoh.  I bet some of them were mistreated, at the very least, because they disobeyed.  But I bet many were also tortured and even killed!  That's serious!  But they FEARED GOD and did the right thing.  Awesome!
Check out Colossians 3:17, 1 Peter 1:3-4, and Titus 2:11-14 before you go.  These are some great verses that give us PURPOSE to live by!

PURPOSE = HOPE = PERSPECTIVE = BLESSED

No comments: