Monday, September 28, 2009

What Be Happenin' Wit Mical, Yo :)

I've posted this before ... but it's a new time and a new place of life ... so the answers will be different. And this time I stole it from EmilyWem. :)

Outside my window: is the best weather ever! Cool breeze, probably around 55 or 60 degrees. A street light and cars zooming by.

I am thinking about: how much I love my SoZo kids, how I am so excited Em is comin' home in 2 days, how I'm longing for someone I can't ever have, how tired I am of school and all its details, how much I am enjoying the weather and can't wait for 50 degrees everyday, and how excited I am that Jesus is Lord of my life and is carrying out Philippians 1:6 in my life. :)

I am thankful for: Emily Nicole Karas, Benjamin David Nilsen, Hannah Joy Baker, Tiffany Lorraine Coon, my mom and dad and Wes, the breeze I felt on my skin all day, the fact that I only have 12 weeks left of college, the gift of serving, teaching, loving, and encouraging my SoZo kids, the after school program at Shepherd, God's word, friendship, the kind of love that fulfills you (God's love), peace that only comes from the Lord, grace that is greater than all my sin, hope in Christ, security in Christ, sweet tea (it's my comfort drink) .... wow. I should really stop. I could go on forever. :)

From the kitchen: we've got dirty dishes and a fridge full of leftovers.

I am wearing: my favorite outfit in the world ... my huge scrub pants with comfy socks and my big Taylor sweatshirt. Fall has officially arrived! :D

I am creating: a 20th birthday/I love you/goodbye gift for my bosom buddy Emily, a three-week lesson for SoZo about what it means to have a teachable spirit, half-hearted writing assignments for school, opportunities to serve and encourage and love, and sweet tea just about every day.

I am going to: grow in Jesus, encourage people, and laugh loudly and often ... forever.

I am reading: my Bible, Wrestling Prayer, and a book called Spiritual Growth in Youth Ministry ... books for school should be in this list but oh wait .... ;) he he he. Okay, okay ... I'm working on actually reading for my classes. ;)

I am hoping: for motivation, a deeper passion for God and His heart, to work with kids/youth full time when I graduate, for a friendship to be completely restored, that I will let go of some bitterness I am harboring and of a longing that will never be mine, continued growth in Christ.

I am hearing: my dad watching Monday Night Football downstairs, crickets chirping outside my window, the wind rustling the leaves in the trees, the hum of my fan, the typing of my keyboard ..... oh, but the sound of the leaves rustling is by far my favorite.

Around the house: my mom is sleeping, my dad is watching football but most likely asleep on the couch, my brother is not here, I am camping out in my brother's room .... perhaps 'cause I miss him, perhaps 'cause the internet is hooked up in his room. :)

Some of my favorite things: sweet tea, friendship, laughing, smiling, singing, dancing, growing in Jesus, crocs, 50 degree weather, rain, sunsets, mountains, photos, sleeping in .... and I could go on forever and a day!

A few plans for the rest of the week: school, the after school program at Eastside, SoZo!!!!, hang out with friends, drink more sweet tea, encourage people, pray for the folks on my prayer list this week, finally get to see Emily, seek Jesus, Bible study, church at Calvary!, live, laugh, and love. :)

No comments: