Saturday, May 23, 2009

Stewin' about ... Chewin' on

These questions are in no particular order.
I got this post idea from the wonderful Judy Nilsen, and I'm gonna type 'em as I think of 'em. :)

~ Why doesn't God speak audibly?

~ Why does love make you ache sometimes?

~ Why is surrender the hardest lesson to learn when you know that you know that you know that you know ... that God's got it all taken care of?

~ Why can't I read books that I really enjoy? (No, I'm not a reader, but every once in a great while I find a book that I really like - like Passion and Purity, for example - and I can't get myself to read it consistently for my life!)

~ Why can't I sacrifice something as small as TIME for my Lord when He sacrificed His LIFE for me?

~ How do I treat this new girl who's in my brother's life? (Obviously, with kindness ... but I'm not too used to my brother being really stuck on someone ... what is happening?)

~ How can I disciple the girls on the Eastside?
What book of the Bible should we read first?

~ How involved can I get with my youth group, my kids on the Eastside, my church, my small groups, my school work, my .... ?
How do I know when it's time to say "I can't." ? ... "Those are enough commitments for now." ?

~ How do you know when God is saying "go for it!" and when He is saying "no." and when He is saying "wait." ?

~ Where is God calling me when I graduate in 7 months?
How will I know?

~ How do I know if I'm called to the kids of the Eastside?
How do I know when my heart that is seeking Christ is saying "yes!" but my heart has failed me more than once?

~ Why does God put desires in our hearts and then take them away?

~ How is God's grace so big that I have peace in the midst of these chaotic questions about my life? :)

~ How does God do it? --- He keeps putting a smile on my face. :)



PSALM 25:4-5
MAKE ME KNOW YOUR WAYS, O LORD.
TEACH ME YOUR PATHS.
GUIDE ME IN YOUR TRUTH AND TEACH ME.
FOR YOU ARE THE GOD OF MY SALVATION.
FOR YOU, I WAIT ALL THE DAY.