Sunday, May 31, 2009

"You been eatin' yo greens?"

Too much fun!!!
I have a great story to share with ya'll.

I've been hanging out with some of my amazing girls from the Eastside a lot over the past few weeks (they are my girls from the after school program, which I wrote about a few weeks ago and ranted about all this past semester). ... I went to pick up a few of the girls one day last week. And as I was standing outside their house, a guy (yep, he was black ... this tid bit will be good to know later) was walking across the street, and all of a sudden, I heard him say something. I turned around and smiled and said, "I'm sorry. Say that again." And he said, "You been eatin' yo greens?" ... I, being the non-ghetto, white girl that I am had no idea what he was talking about. So I gave him a funny look and kind of smiled. He said (again), "You been eatin' yo greens?" Then, when I still didn't get it, he said, "You don't even know what greens are, do ya?" I sheepishly said back, "Nooo." And he smiled and kept walkin' ... probably thinking "that stupid white girl" ... which made me laugh wondering what he must be thinking.

So .... later that night, the girls and I were at the park eating dinner. We got to talking about clothes somehow, and eventually, I mentioned my tough times finding clothes that fit ... I said "because I'm an in-between size," but the girls let me know that it's "because I have big hips." And then they continued to tell me I have a black woman's butt. .... Ha! .... If you haven't noticed, I've been extra blessed in my lower regions. ;) ..... Anyway ... we got to talkin' about the guy who asked me about my "greens" earlier in the night ... and the girls told me that "You been eatin' yo greens?" was this guy telling me that .... well, that I have a big butt. ..... The girls pretty much told me that he was checking me out. .... I asked 'em, "so that's a good thing, right? That's attractive?" And they said, "yeah," and we all laughed pretty hard.

Ha ha! This might've been the best thing that happened to me all week.
This story was just too good! I had to share it! ... And really, I just wanted to have a blog title which says "You been eatin' yo greens?" :D

I guess I need to marry a black guy ... 'cause they appreciate the greens. :D

2 comments:

bmhs said...

Craziness.
People say the darndest things, don't they?
Thanks for committing this to permanent memory for us!

;D

Ax

jan said...

For a minute there I thought he was actually talking about smoothies. :-) But then I thought, nah...
It's strange-we live 45 minutes from downtown, but it's like two different countries!