Thursday, May 29, 2014

Journey with Jesus Day 1

Well, today was a success!  I feel good about almost all of my choices.  I learned that too much sugar gives me headaches.  God is already teaching me so much about His grace and faithfulness.  And I'm excited to keep going!  Here's my day in a nutshell ...

Breakfast - apple, cheese stick, and Mojo granola bar
Lunch - brown rice, great northern beans, and broccoli-cheese soup
Snack - cheese and flax seed crackers
Dinner - turkey burger, fries, and broccoli with my first sweet tea of the week
And 64+ ounces of water!  Go, me! :)

I felt good about all of these choices except ... I drank two big glasses of sweet tea, and I got a headache (I'm confident it was from the sugar).  And although I skipped the bun for both burgers, I had a second turkey burger and a second helping of broccoli, and, thus, I overate.  I made excuses that a turkey burger is a lean meat, and I told myself that broccoli is good for me.  Although true ... I still should not have overeaten.  BUT!  Even with these minor setbacks, I consider today very successful!

I also worked out on the elliptical for 30 minutes and walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes and stretched for 5 minutes.

And here are a few things from my Jesus Calling devotional tonight that I thought were fitting for my first day back on the Daniel Plan ...
From the Jesus Calling blurb ... "Instead of bemoaning the loss of your comfort, accept the challenge of something new." .... Perfect!  I'm "comfortable" with eating carbs upon carbs and sugar upon sugar and eating anything I want whenever I want, never thinking about the consequences.  Four months ago when I started the Daniel Plan for the first time, I definitely "beMOANed" the loss of these comforts, but now, I am accepting the (well-worth-it) CHALLENGE of something new ... a new way of life that will change me for the better and for the forever! :)  Love it!
And!  Also from the Scripture that went along with my Jesus Calling blurb ... 2 Corinthians 3:18 (ESV) - "And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another." ... The context of this verse is about being transformed by the glory of the Lord, but I think it's okay to say that God will be GLORIFIED when I am TRANSFORMED into His IMAGE the way He truly made me to be ... honoring my temple ... ALL of my temple - body, mind, spirit, and soul!  Pretty cool, huh? :)

I'm looking forward to continuing on tomorrow!  Good night, y'all! :)

No comments: