Saturday, May 31, 2014

Journey with Jesus Day 3

So I didn't do as well today, but overall, the day was still a good one!  I realized today that my body is getting used to healthier foods.  It's hard for me to believe that 'cause I was so opposed to eating healthy in the beginning.  But today, I slept in until noon (and it was marvelous!), so when I finally got my lazy butt out of bed, I didn't want to spend a ton of time cooking anything.  So I made myself a grilled cheese and popcorn and some sweet tea.  This used to be one of my all-time favorite meals.  But today?  I didn't finish any of it.  It wasn't as yummy as I remember it.  And I didn't feel as good or as satisfied after eating it.  I kinda "blew it" by taking the easy way out, but I also gained from it because I realized those easy carbs are not as yummy as I used to think.  I was way more satisfied after dinner when I had chicken and rice noodles and broccoli and green beans.  Whole foods really are better than junk foods, and I'm excited that my body is finally learning that ... which makes me happy, happy, happy!  It's still a process for sure ... heck!  We went to Frost Bite for ice cream after dinner!  But I'm excited to see the progress my body is making.  Slow and steady wins the race, Jack! ;)  (Hey!  Can you tell I've been watching Duck Dynasty lately?)

Breakfast - ha!  I skipped that again 'cause I didn't get outta bed till lunch time!  Gotta love Saturdays! :)
Lunch - 3/4 of a grilled cheese sandwich, bowl of popcorn, and sweet tea
Snack - fresh strawberries (straight from the garden - yum!), cheese stick, flax seed crackers, and broccoli
Dinner - homemade chicken and rice noodles (delicious, if I do say so myself!), broccoli, and green beans
Dessert - small Frost (blizzard)
64 ounces of water :)

Darrell and I also went for a walk in the park for almost an hour!  Yay!  It was wonderful to walk with my man. :)

Life is sweet ... and so is getting healthy!  Good night, friends! :)

No comments: