Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Journey with Jesus Day 20

I am amazed at how often I forget the Truth. I was listening to a sermon by John MacArthur tonight while I put the laundry away, and it reminded me about the importance of abiding in Christ. So often, I try to work for my salvation. In my heart of hearts, I think I believe the Bible when it says we are saved by grace, not works (Ephesians 2:8), but in my everyday heart, I don't believe it. And I constantly try to earn my salvation. And then beat myself silly when I can't do it ... Which is always, by the way. .... But I was reminded tonight that I don't bear fruit by trying; I bear fruit by abiding (John 15:4). I'm so thankful for the reminder!

Breakfast - sausage and cheese
Lunch - turkey burger (no bun), tomato, green beans, and broccoli & cauliflower
Snack - watermelon, apple with peanut butter, and almonds & cashews
Dinner - pizza and popcorn and sweet tea
Only 6 glasses of water
Zumba for 45 minutes :)

No comments: