Monday, July 28, 2014

Journey with Jesus Day 25

I've been discouraged lately. God has been trying to teach me about faithfulness over the past couple of years. He wants me to learn that all He wants is for me to be faithful no matter what I'm doing. But ya know, I gotta be honest...sometimes JUST being faithful is not enough for me. I wanna FEEL purpose in what I'm doing. I wanna be excited about what I'm doing with my life. And I don't feel that purpose or get excited about my day to day life these days. And that makes me feel discouraged and ashamed.  I need to have a better perspective than that because I am so blessed. I should be thankful and excited to be faithful to the Lord no matter what that means. Am I being selfish? Am I being petty and discontent? I don't mean to be, but I do struggle with feeling unfulfilled and restless and discouraged with my day to day tasks these days. ... I will just have to keep pressing forward because giving up is not an option no matter how exhausting the fight is.

Breakfast - cheese,  nuts, and part of an apple
Lunch - chicken and rice,  broccoli and cauliflower,  tomato,  and tortilla chips and guacamole
Snack - trail mix
Dinner - tacos and chips and queso and sweet tea
Only 3 glasses of water

No comments: