Tuesday, October 12, 2010

GoG 273: The Hi's from My Guys :)

I went to the Danville Homecoming game for football a couple weeks ago. I think it's the second Danville football game I've been to since I graduated from high school. I had a lot of fun cheering for the team, visiting the alumni tent, running into one of my after school kids and her family. But the best part of the night was getting hi's from Jon and Levi.

I was walking to the alumni tent, after putting my nachos and hot dog down at my seat in the bleachers, when I heard a "hey, Mical!" I looked up, and Levi was standing with a couple of his friends ... one of 'em was on the football team.
Later, I was sitting in the bleachers, watching the game, when Levi and Jonathan walked by. Jon glanced up at the bleachers, and then he took a double take 'cause he saw me. He waved and say "hey."

I was so excited. I really was. It made my night that these guys said hi to me. That means I don't embarrass 'em too badly. That they like me. It was just a simple thing that showed me grace and brought me joy.

No comments: