Monday, July 27, 2009

So Stop Beating Yourself Up Already!

So here's a wake-up call for ya'll ... mostly for ME!

I've been really upset with myself lately because I just can't seem to get this trusting God thing down. He is perfect ... never-failing ... He never fails ME! ... He's constant, faithful ...

So why the heck do I fail to trust?
Well, I've been reading that Having a Mary Spirit book a lot lately, and it talked about a guy named Brother Lawrence ... and this guy's thoughts got me thinking about this concept of beating myself up over my sinfulness.

I realized that I need to stop beating myself over my sin because beating myself up over sin IS A SIN! Sheesh maneesh. I really can't get it right, huh? ;) Ha ha! And I can laugh about it now because of these thoughts ....
I shouldn't give so much energy to beating myself up over my sin because that way of thinking is self-centered. When I put myself down because I sin, I often fall into self-pity and selfish thoughts.

"Why do I keep messing up?"
"Why can't I get this right?"
"What do I need to do to fix my sinfulness?"

Brother Lawrence took an attitude of "I can't forsake sin without You, Lord!" When we realize that GOD is the only one who can give us the ability to overcome our sin, then we will learn to say, "Lord Jesus, I will continue sinning in these ways unless YOU step in and save me. Help me, Mighty God. I can't do this without YOU."

It's that simple. We can do NOTHING without Christ, and when we try to win the victory over sin without Him, we always fail.

So no wonder I keep failing. How 'boutcha try letting Jesus win the battle, crazy woman?

"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in Me and I in him, he will bear much fruit. Apart from Me you can do nothing."
John 15:5

No comments: