Saturday, November 29, 2008

Getting to Know You ... M&Ms Style! :D

I'm at it once again! Yay for blogging! :) ......... Remember my Patrick the Persimmon posts? Well, in one of those posts I mentioned a "get to know you" activity with M&Ms, and I'm gonna make up my own rules for the same thing right here! Join me! It'll be fun!!!

Getting to know you ... M&Ms style! :D
Okay. So here's the deal .... head to your local gas station or grocery store and pick up a bag of milk chocolate M&Ms. Pour 'em all out, and separate them by color. Now! For each yellow, you're gonna share your favorite meals of all time (if you could eat anything in one meal, what would it be?). For each orange, your favorite Bible verses. For each blue, your favorite places (to travel to, to hang out, whatever). For the red, share your favorite things about winter (activities, scenery, places to go, whatever). Brown - some of your all-time favorite things. Green - some of the greatest blessings in your life over the past 6 months. ... Okay, I think that covers 'em all. .... Now, go! You MUST get a hold of some M&Ms for this task. You can't cheat! Eating the M&Ms as you go is part of the fun!

Alrighty ... here we go! :D
3 Yellow M&Ms:
- Steak, mashed potatoes with gravy, french fries, and sweet tea!
- Cheeseburger, french fries, and sweet tea!
- Baked potato with all the fixin's - meat, cheese, butter, ect., and sweet tea!
(Are ya'll seeing a pattern?) ;)
15 Orange M&Ms:
- Psalm 73:26 -- "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
- Psalm 16:11 -- "You will make known to me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; in Your right hand are pleasures forever."
- Psalm 62:7-8 -- "My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge."
- Joshua 1:9 -- "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
- James 1:2-4 -- "Consider it all joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you will be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
- James 1:12 -- "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him."
- Philippians 1:6 -- "Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
- Romans 8:28 - "And we know that God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."
- Psalm 37:4 -- "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of Your heart."
- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 -- "Therefore, we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
- Isaiah 26:3 -- "He will keep in perfect peace Him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in Him."
- John 15:5 -- "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in Me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing."
- Hebrews 12:1-3 -- "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perefecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."
- Psalm 32:8 -- "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you."
- Revelation 21:4 -- "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
15 Blue M&Ms:
- New Zealand! I want to hike through the gorgeous sites!
- Bogalusa, Louisiana .... where I took the best mission trip ever! Wanna go back and help out out with the hurricane relief.
- Mountains of Tennessee ... I wanna take pictures of mountains all day long!
- Every other place with mountains that I've never been to!
- Ireland ... nice sites there too.
- All of the tiny states ... Rhode Island, New Jersey, Vermont, ect.
- Virginia to see my friend, Rachel!
- India ... My pastor talked about orphanages ... I want to help out in the orphanages there.
- China ... I'd like to see all of the underground churches and witness the millions who are coming to Christ.
- Turkey Run .... I REALLY want to go hiking!
- Brown County .... it's where James and the gang go to hike sometimes ... I've never been.
- Mammoth Cave ... I wouldn't mind going on another cave tour with Ben and the gang. :)
- Grace Fellowship (my second church home)
- Calvary ... yes, I'm there every Sunday morning ... but I want to be there right now!
- University of Southern Indiana ... I want to visit my brother, see his apartment, and watch him run track sometime before the school year is over!
7 Red M&Ms:
- Snow angels!
- Breathing really cold air :)
- Drinking hot chocolate with friends
- Sitting next to a warm fire in some remote log cabin (a dream of mine, I guess) ;)
- Christmas!
- Watching snow fall
- Scarves
10 Brown M&Ms:
- Smiley face fruit snacks
- Goldfish crackers
- Music
- My Bible
- Stickers
- Friends
- Church
- Campfires
- The sky
- Photography
6 Green M&Ms:
- Ben Nilsen
- Jesus talks with Alex Ehrhardt
- E-mails from Judy Nilsen
- God's word
- My youth group kids
- Mammoth Cave Trip

Okay ... that was long and yummy! Go get some M&Ms, and join the fun! Love ya'll! :D