Saturday, November 22, 2008

Waiting on the Lord ....

I meant to look up this song a while back right after I went to see the movie, Fireproof, with Ben and some of the gang.  Amazing movie!  Amazing message!  For married couples .... for all Christians ... for non-Christians.  Go see it if you haven't already!

One of the most powerful parts of the movie, for me, was a song.  "While I'm Waiting."  It nearly brought me to tears in the theater.  And it is one of my new goals.  The lyrics say it all, so I won't write some long rambling about it. ;)  Just read these lyrics, and if you get a chance .... go to google, type in "while I'm waiting, fireproof" and watch/listen to the music video.  This song is amazing!  Let's keep waiting on the Lord!!!!

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

2 comments:

bmhs said...

Amen.

Those lyrics are the theme of my days, in so many ways.

Hey, I'm a poet, and I didn't even know it!

No more rhyming now, I mean it.

Anybody want a peanut?

(This makes sense to those who have seen "The Princess Bride")

Seriously, though.

We are always waiting.
Let us not be paralyzed by fear.
Let us move ahead bold and confident, choosing to act in a manner fully pleasing to the Lord in everything.
Let us stay put when instructed, too, trusting that God has reasons for not letting us move this instant.
And let us always know that He never forgets about us, but is constantly molding the clay.

That song is going to go through my head all night...not a bad thing, Mical.

Good stuff to dwell on. Even if it IS going through your head non-stop at 3:30 A.M.

:D

I will try and work on your email tomorrow.....

May your Godsong overflow Sunday, and into the week beyond.

In Christ,
Alex

emily said...

oooouuuuhhh there is no way to express just how perfectly put together this song is...
this was mine and barry's theme song during "that" week... a while back!
i know God used it in mighty ways to speak to me through that time!
uuuuuhhhhggg... ya it's just an amazing song - i'm not gonna get over it! :)