Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Quick Trip through Hebrews!

I know only one thing .....

GOD IS FAITHFUL!!!

Philippians 1:6 .... Listen up! This is a mighty promise from God!!!

"He who began a good work in you WILL carry it on to COMPLETION until the day of Christ Jesus!"

Hebrews 13:5 --- "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." (Words of Jesus, ya'll!)

Because ....

Hebrews 13:8 --- "Jesus Christ is the SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY, and FOREVER!"

Therefore ....

Hebrews 12:1-2a --- "Since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, LET US THROW OFF EVERYTHING THAT HINDERS and the sin that so easily entangles (I think trials can count here too!), and LET US RUN WITH PERSEVERANCE the race marked out for us. LET US FIX OUR EYES ON JESUS, the author and perfecter of our faith."

Let's make this our goal this week, friends! No matter how rough the trials ... God is faithful! Keep runnin', Mical! Keep fixin' your eyes on Jesus, Mical! Keep! Keep! Keep!

6 comments:

bmhs said...

Yes, dear Mical, let us soar.

Let us not stomp with angry steps.
Let us not shuffle with pouty faces and bitter eyes.

Let us skim the path of life with light steps, knowing that we are not running with the crushing load of sorrow still upon our backs.

We gave it to Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith. The things he takes us through are not unbearable weights, for his yoke is easy, and his burden is light.

Run with a joyful heart......even when you want to fall face down in the middle of the road and scream "I Quit!!!!!!" at the top of your lungs.

Don't.

Keep running....I will run beside you, and we can keep each other from twisting our ankles along the way. That is what sisters in Christ are for!

On my knees for you,
Alex

Sniz said...

Keep, keep, keep. I love that. You rock, Mical dear. BTW, the little word thingy I have to type in to get this comment published is "godkle". What does that mean?

bakerhj said...

These are definitely some great verses Mical!! Thanks for the reminder to keep, keep, keep!! And can I just say that you have 27 posts to my ....5 this month!! :) Lovin' that you blog so much because I love reading them! Hope you aren't stressing too much about finals...only 7 more days and it's over!! :) Love you CCF!!
Hay Bay

jan said...

Mical, it's really interesting to me that many of your posts coincide with the messages given at church. Last Sunday we had a "guest" speaker who talked about despondency-these verses would fit right in with what he was saying about it....
Wonderful, hugging verses. Lately Heb. 12:1-2 have been hanging around in my head. We should memorize Heb. 11 and then 12:1-2. Maybe I'll have Alec do that with me.....

Mical said...

Ha! Don't tell Ben I've been posting about Warren's sermons ... He already says I'm really "called" to Grace instead of Calvary! Ha ha ha! Too much fun!

Thanks for the posts, everyone! Blog posts are such a blessing! Will be checking out your blogs soon! Love you all! :D

Wani said...

Great words to live by! You should write a devotional book or something! Or just email me your "thought of the day"!