Thursday, July 29, 2010

GoG 192: The Complete Trust

A couple weeks ago at Sr. High Bible Study, we talked about faith. And during our discussion, I articulated a conclusion that made me stop in mid sentence.

I started to say ... "When we believe that God is big and mighty and in control of all things, we will trust ...."
And I found myself stopping before I could finish the thought because I didn't believe what I was saying.

I struggle to trust God. I believe that He is big and mighty and in control of everything .... but wait. Do I? If I really believe that, then I would TRUST Him. Believing that God is BIG and MIGHTY and IN CONTROL OF ALL THINGS ... IS ... trusting God. Trusting God is BELIEVING ... KNOWING ... that He is big and mighty and in control of everything. Why do I forget that so often? Why do I choose not to believe that so often???

Sr. High Bible Study, that night, was a source of conviction for me ... I realized, one step further, that I don't always trust God ... and trust Him completely. But I must!
Because ...
Ultimately, when we believe that God is big and mighty and in control of all things, we will trust Him.

And trust Him completely.

No comments: