Thursday, September 9, 2010

GoG 251: The Tears from James

Can you believe it????? I'm all caught up with my blog posts!!!!

Last GoG to write for the day!

Today at after school, I was headed out the door, ready to leave, when one of my kids stood close by looking as though he was about to cry. Ah! My heart was already starting to break!!! The face he was making was so pitiful. James. I said, "Oh, buddy, what's wrong? You look like you're about to cry." He looked at me and told me his dad wasn't there to pick him up yet. I guess his dad had come by to pick him up about a half an hour earlier, and he didn't want to leave. So his dad told him to keep playing, and he'd be back in 45 minutes or so. Well, James' friends started to leave, so he was upset that he was alone.

When he started to cry, I wanted to cry! A few minutes later, I was scheduled to leave early that day (that's how the system works - everyone trades off days to leave early as the kids begin to leave), so I was telling the kids in the room that I'd see 'em tomorrow. And James looked at me and said, "Miss Mical, you're leaving?" And he looked as though he would cry again. Broke my heart again! So I said, "I don't have to leave? Do you want me to stay?" And he just nodded his head, tears in his eyes.

Oh my goodness. It was so sad. So we sat and colored until his dad came. Then he said, "Okay, Miss Mical. You can go home now."

Soooo cute!!!!

No comments: