Friday, December 12, 2008

Beautiful.

Wow. It's kind of fun messing with the fonts on this blog thing. There aren't many to choose from, but I was getting bored with the standard font for this blog. ;) ... So glad I finally figured out how to be a little more creative with this crazy thing called "blog world." :D

Alright! So my last post was a total tangent. I was gonna blog about how I'm done with school - BRIEFLY (ha, like Mical Masterson can do ANYTHING briefly) - then move into a cool song God's been laying on my heart this week. But alas ... the Tangent Queen prevails. ;) So ...... for this post, let's get back to what I originally intended for blogging today. :)

These are lyrics to a simple but great song from the Lord. We sing it at Calvary every now and then. :)

JESUS IS BEAUTIFUL

Beautiful. Beautiful. Jesus is beautiful.
And Jesus makes beautiful things of my life.
Carefully. Touching Me. Causing my eyes to see.
Jesus, You're beautiful. Jesus, my Lord.


I was having a Godsong moment again early this week. I think it was Monday ... early on in the week, that's all I remember. I think I was driving, on my way school ... on my way home ... something like that. And all of sudden, my mind started singing "Beautiful. Beautiful. Jesus is beautiful." ... Out of nowhere! I haven't heard that song in forever! And there I was ... singin' it. :) .... My favorite part of this song is the line that says "Jesus makes beautiful things of my life." ... I think God put it on my heart because ... like I've said over and over (and over again) on this blog .... I've gone through some crazy things over the past year. And I'm super thankful that God is healing in so many ways. But I'm not completely healed yet. ..... But God wanted to remind me of all the amazing things He's been letting into my life through the heartache. In addition to talking about my hurts, I've also been mentioning the greatest joys that have come out of my life over the past year. And in giving me this song this week, God wanted me to remember all of those "greatest joys." "Mical, I'm making beautiful things of your life." .... Wow. That is powerful! Really! Read that again! "I'm making BEAUTIFUL things of YOUR life." The pain brings beauty. It really, really does. That lesson - beauty from pain - is one of the greatest lessons I've learned over the past year (I told you I'm learning a lot!). ;) And God wanted to remind me of that through this song.

And the song goes on to say "Causing my eyes to see." He does. He causes us to SEE all that He desires for us to see. He wants us to see His blessings. He wants us to see more of Himself. He wants us to see the big picture. And sometimes, more often than we'd like, He must use pain to help us see. .... We're pretty stubborn, if you haven't noticed. And sometimes, He must take things away, hinder things, at times, so that we will get our focus off of ourselves and SEE HIM. See His plan. His purpose. His calling. Him. It's not very much fun. Nope. But God didn't say it would be, did He? ;) .... "He must DENY HIMSELF, take up your cross daily, and follow me." "In this world, you WILL have trouble." "WHEN you face trials of MANY kinds ... the TESTING of your faith." ..... None of these things sound very "fun" to me. Ha! But ..... aren't you glad He doesn't stop there. He calls for us to deny ourselves and follow Him so that we will not "forfeit our souls." ... so that we will have eternal life - with Him. (Luke 9:23-25). He says we are sure to have troubles, heartache, pain ... but then He ways "Take heart! I have overcome the world!" (John 16:33). And He says "when" we face trials, not "if." But then He says that the testing of our faith develops perseverance ... and the whole goal of perseverance (even though it's not any fun at all!) is our maturity. He wants us to be COMPLETE, not lacking anything. (James 1:2-4). .... So God's got some great PLANS in store for all our struggles. For all our joys too. :) He's causing us to SEE through all of these ups and downs.

So see? Isn't that a GREAT song!? Simple, but oh, so powerful!!!!! Don'tcha love it when God puts songs on our hearts, and then goes a step further and teaches us things through them!? Our God is beyond amazing! Keep pressing into Him, friends! :)

2 comments:

Sniz said...

That sounds like a song we need to sing at Grace! Yes, that is a totally awesome time when God just puts a certain song in our mind. I love that too. The lyrics that come into my mind the most are "Like a deer pants for the water, so my soul longs after You" and "He wraps Himself with light as with a garment." I LOVE the imagery in the last on!

bmhs said...

Great song.
Thanks for sharing!
You are right--God makes everything beautiful.
Including trials and tears.

And this restoration and beautification is done on His time in His way.

Hope you are having a good weekend, Surrender Sister!
Alex