Monday, December 15, 2008

Last Minute Christmas Shopping? :)

Well, hello again, my friends! :) Just a quick announcement! :):):)

Anyone still doing your Christmas shopping? Need a good place to pick up some nifty gifts for friends and family??? I've got just the place for you!

The Porch!

Yep! I'm talking about my mom's store ... the quaint little shop off of old 36 ... right down the street from Calvary Chapel, across from Beasley's Orchard! I started working in the store today (yay for Christmas break work with flexible hours!) ... and the longer I was in there sorting/shelving books, the more I got to thinking about what a GREAT place it is! I can't wait to see all the new customers come in this spring/summer! It's a great place to hang out ... drink some tea ... and buy some SWEET stuff! It's not just full of GREAT books at reasonable prices! It's got so much more! Games! Teas! Gift baskets! Toys! Nifty trinkets! It is a great place for books and gifts for the whole family! If you haven't bought all your Christmas presents yet ... stop by The Porch, and check it out!!! You know book lovers ... you know tea lovers ... come on over, and check us out!!!

And my mom and I got a kick out of .... well ... me ... today, as we were chatting in the store. Here's the story ... I can't get over how cute her store is! And she has these fantastic gift baskets! Some of them have tea pots, tea, and cookies ... wrapped so neatly and are just tons of fun! Well ... she also has "get well" gift baskets. A great idea if you really get down to it! They are baskets full of a mug, soup, orange juice, crackers, tissues, and suduko/crossword puzzles. Seriously! What great idea! And they are wrapped so nicely too! ;) .... Well ... half the time I was working in the store today, I kept looking over at these gift baskets thinking, "Man! What a great idea!" "Man! Those are so cute!" "Man!" .... And at the end of the day ... I told my mom how much I liked the baskets ... and then I said, "Man, I like them so much that I wish my friends would get sick so that I could buy these 'get well' gift baskets for them!" ;) Ha! We both got a kick out of it! ... I'm serious though! I think they are GREAT! It would be so fun to buy a "get well" gift basket for a friend. It's almost worth someone getting sick ... but not quite. ;) Ha ha ha! They are cute gift baskets. That's all I have to say about that! :D

So! Come! Visit The Porch before Christmas! We're open this week - Monday through Thursday from 10am to 7pm .... and next week we go back to our regular hours ... Tuesdays: 10am-7pm; Wednesdays: 10am-4pm; Saturdays: 10am-3pm! Stop by! It is a nifty little place full of GREAT stuff! And you get free tea and cookies out of the deal! Man! You're lucky! You should stop by! ..... Yep. You should! :D

No comments: