Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'M GOING UP FROM HERE

Alright!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who's excited????!!!!!

Mical Masterson is!!!!!!!!!!!!

..... Well, I just spent the past half an hour looking for the song lyrics to one of my new favorite songs. David Phelps (my favorite singer in the world .... and the BEST singer in the world) recently came out with a new CD called "The Voice." My friend, Kim, got it for me a few weeks ago ... and there is a song on the album called "Higher" that described exactly how I was feeling a few weeks ago. I really wanted to post some of the lyrics on here, but alas ... I looked everywhere for the lyrics and couldn't find them. .... I finally gave up looking because I really should be working on homework right now. Ha! (Isn't that always the story I'm telling?) ;) I'll just have to use the only line of the song that I remember.

"I'm going up from here."

I'm excited about this song because that's me!!!!! I'M GOING UP FROM HERE!!!! I've been dwelling a bit on this idea of being UP .... and two things have been popping in my mind. A song and a couple of verses.

I think my all-time favorite hymn is Be Thou My Vision because it is a great reminder that we are to continually be focusing all of our attention, all of our passions, all of our energy, all of our entire beings on the Lord. Check out these lyrics!

BE THOU MY VISION
Be Thou my vision, O Lord of my heart.
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art.
Thou my best thought, by day or by night.
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom and Thou my true Word.
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord.
Thou my great Father, I thy true son (daughter in my case).
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Riches I heed not, nor man's empty praise.
Thou mine inheritance, now and always.
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart.
High King of heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of heaven, my victory won.
May I reach heaven's joys, O bright heaven's Son!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall.
Still be my vision, O ruler of all.



"Be Thou my vision, Oh LORD OF MY HEART!"

"Thou and Thou ONLY, FIRST in my heart."

"MY TREASURE THOU ART!"

Am I really treasuring Christ? Is He really the LORD of my heart? ........... I've been thinking about how the only way to "go higher" is to make Jesus my EVERYTHING. He MUST be my VISION, the ONE I look to in ALL things ... He must be the LORD OF MY HEART. I can only be "up from here" if JESUS IS MY UP!!!!

And my second thought comes from Colossians chapter 3.

Colossians 3:1-2, 4, and 16 ........
1 - Therefore, if you have been RAISED UP with Christ, keep seeking the things ABOVE, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
2 - Set your mind on things ABOVE, not on the things that are on earth.
4 - When Christ, WHO IS YOUR LIFE, is revealed, then YOU ALSO will be revealed with Him in GLORY.
16 - LET THE WORD OF CHRIST RICHLY DWELL WITHIN YOU, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
(Yep ... the emphasis is by me!)

These verses remind us to keep ourselves focused on things ABOVE .... in other words, "Think UP!" "I'm going UP from here!" Right? :) We go "UP from here" by focusing our hearts and our minds on JESUS! We need to DWELL on His word ... may it "richly dwell within you."

God's been doing a lot in my heart and mind over the past few months, and He recently provided the long-awaited RESTORATION and HEALING that my weary spirit has been so desperately crying out for. Since then, He's been reminding me to live well .... to find joy in HIM ... to be UP. And not UP for some gushy "mountain-top experience," but UP so that I can live for HIM to the best of my ability .... love Him with ALL that I am instead of going at it half-heartedly or broken heartedly. He's got a lot up His sleeve for this little life!

What about you? What is God teaching you???

Me? ................. I'M GOING UP FROM HERE!!!!!

1 comment:

bmhs said...

Me too!

At least, I want to go up. I'm not always sure how, but all I have to do is ask God, and He will not only show me how, He will provide the way. Isn't my Jesus amazing? :)

"Be Thou My Vision" has long been one of my favs if not the favorite hymn of mine. It perfectly suits what I want the motto of my life to be.

Jesus, may I go up, up, up, higher and closer to you! You are all that truly matters to me. May I see so much of you all else dims or fades, or is transformed by your presence.

You are my every breath's desire. I will thirst after You, I will strive to fly higher, every step of my life.

Praise God!

Mical, we are so totally going up. Isn't it so cool how God lets us go up together?

Yay for God! Yay for us!
I'll try and e-mail you tonight....stay posted. :)
Alex