Thursday, October 23, 2008

My Favorite Teacher in the World!

So ... I was e-mailing my buddy, Ben, today ................. and I got to thinking about all the crazy-great stuff God is teaching me right now. Ben is good at getting that stuff out of me ... and he doesn't even have to ask me about it. I guess that's what spiritual thought buddies do for ya! Yay for Ben! :)

But I thought I'd share a "snipet" from that e-mail ....

THESE ARE ALL THE THINGS GOD IS TEACHING ME RIGHT NOW! .... What is God teaching you? ....... Really ... share the lessons with me! :D

"Snipet" to Ben :)
"Yes, indeed! I will ever be working on balance ... but yep, I'm back! :) It was a good fast ... God's been teaching me a lot ... and the fast only helped in the teaching process. :) I've been learning ..... surrender (that it's a DAILY task!), putting ALL of my hope in Christ, being content ONLY in Jesus, conforming my desires to HIS, PATIENCE, remembering that God speaks even in His "silence," and finally, to ever be running after my Savior no matter how busy or sad or excited or whatever I get. ...... Wow! Those are a lot of lessons. I really am learning a lot! I just don't take the time to sit down and think about it! Nice. Our God is faithful!"

Remember high school? Yep ... those teachers that really could care less about what they were doing. They didn't teach. They handed you worksheets and said, "Have at it!" They didn't help you out when you had a question. They gave you study guides that were identical to the tests ... so you could memorize all the answers and spit 'em back out on the test, get an A, and not have even tried. Well ........ God is NOT that kind of teacher! He is one of those RARE teachers ... the kind who make you work for your grade. The teacher everyone respects because they are tough but completely helpful and a guide. I didn't have too many of these kinds of teachers in high school, but the few I did have were the ones I respected and liked the most. They were my favorite teachers. Teachers who cared about their students. Teachers who wanted their students to learn the material. Teachers who didn't lay everything out on a study guide because they wanted their students to go through the process of learning the material ... and learning it well.

That's exactly how God works!!!!!!!!! ............... He is that tough teacher, that respected teacher, that FAVORITE teacher ....... because He has a plan for us. He doesn't lay out our whole lives right before our eyes. He makes us work for 'em! He makes us go through the crazy ... sometimes exciting, sometimes tormenting .... process of LEARNING!!!!! He wants us to be BETTER STUDENTS! Better students of His word ... better students of our time .... better students of understanding and knowing WHO He is and WHAT He's all about and HOW He is at work in our lives! He wants us to be the BEST students we can be!

.... Wow! This is really something to think about! Sweet! Our God is BEYOND a great teacher! .... He's my FAVORITE teacher in the world!!!!

3 comments:

bnilsen said...

Hello Mical,

Great post, but I'll save my comments until we can get together.

Ben

bmhs said...

Addendum: Because our Teacher and Guide is also our Creator, He knows exactly how we learn, exactly what we need to learn, and just when we need to learn it. Isn't that amazing? He will use the tools and time that we need most of all to mold us into the way He wants us to be.
What is the way He wants us to be?
Like Christ!
Unlike studying for the SAT, which, once you take it is over with for the rest of your life, the studying towards Christ-like-ness doesn't have a stopping point. It goes on and on, a continual reach for one step higher.
Let's keep learning!
Or, in Mical-bonics: "Yay for God! Yay for learning! Let's keep it up, guys. Learn! Learn! Learn! Grow! Grow! Grow!"
See, God's using you to teach me how to be a better encourager.

:D

Have a great week! Looking forward to seeing you whenever I do see you.

Alex

jan said...

I love this post Mical. It's so comforting to know He is always teaching us. Always encouraging us to learn and to grow. It means He loves us!
THIS was so good:
He has a plan for us. He doesn't lay out our whole lives right before our eyes. He makes us work for 'em! He makes us go through the crazy ... sometimes exciting, sometimes tormenting .... process of LEARNING!!!!! He wants us to be BETTER STUDENTS! Better students of His word ... better students of our time .... better students of understanding and knowing WHO He is and WHAT He's all about and HOW He is at work in our lives! He wants us to be the BEST students we can be!

Are you journaling the lessons you've been learning? Believe it or not, in 2 years you'll have forgotten some of them! :-)