Saturday, October 25, 2008

LAMININ

So …. more customers at my mom’s store this afternoon. Darn. I guess I’ll just have to write up another post until they leave. ;) Ha! I’ve been storing up a bunch of blog post ideas … while I was on my e-mail/blog fast, I wrote down ideas so I wouldn’t forget them when I got back to blogging … not that I could forget. I like blogging too much, I think. ;)

Okay! So a few weeks ago a friend from my writing biographies class showed me a youtube clip about laminin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAMININ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, I know you’re excited! I know … because I know you know exactly what I’m talking about! ……………….. NOT!!!

Yeah … when my friend, Michael, a cool, Christian guy I met on campus, told me about laminin I had the same reaction. I didn’t know what the heck he was talking about. He was soooo excited, and I had no clue what he was saying. It was pretty funny.

Well …. After class that day, we headed to the library to check it out. He pulled out his headphones, and we listened to a guy named Louie Giglio finish up his sermon about glorifying God in and with our bodies. I can’t explain the sermon very well or tell you much about laminin other than to say it is some kind of protein molecule that holds our bodies together. And that’s not doing it justice by any stretch! ...... You’ll have to see it to know what I’m talking about!

RIGHT NOW! AT THIS VERY MOMENT!!! You MUST go check out this website ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo-NPPIeeRk. If that link doesn’t work … go to http://www.youtube.com/ …. type the word "laminin" into the search line that pops up … then scroll down to the clip that says "Louie Giglio – Laminin (short version)." It’s about 6 minutes long. And believe me when I say it’ll be the BEST 6 minutes you’ll spend all day! Most likely the BEST 6 minutes you’ll spend all week! Go! Right now! Go to that clip and watch it! ……………………………. I’m serious! Are you there yet? GO! :)

Did you go watch it? Are you done watching it yet? Read the next part of my post AFTER you watch the clip!

……………………………………………

……………………………………………

……………………………………………

Okay … so ………….. now that you’re wiping away the tears and getting a hold of yourself … ha ha! Yep! I had tears in my eyes and goose bumps all over me after I watched that clip for the first time. I had tears in my eyes and goose bumps the second time I watched it. I had tears and goose bumps the third time! …… Not that it’s about "feelings," but it was just flat AMAZING!!!!

LAMININ!!! It is one of the most POWERFUL things I’ve EVER heard about! ….. Not only has God written eternity in our hearts, but He has WOVEN IT INTO THE VERY FABRIC OF OUR BODIES!!!!!!!!!! Ecclesiastes 3:11 says … "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." And to reiterate what Louie said in the clip ……. Colossians 1:16-17 says … "For Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities --- all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things and in Him all things hold together."

In JESUS …. all things HOLD TOGETHER! Our very bodies are HELD TOGETHER BY JESUS!!!!! LITERALLY!!!!!!!!

If this reality does not blow you away …. there is something wrong! Keep growing in Jesus! Keep loving Him! …………….. If you aren’t already (again, if this is the case, there is something wrong with you!) …. GET EXCITED ABOUT LAMININ!!!!!!!!! ……. Oh, man! I’m wiggin’ out about this! Our God is incredible!!!

IN JESUS, ALL THINGS HOLD TOGETHER! Don’t forget it!

Have a great day! :)

2 comments:

Wani said...

wow! that was so awesome! thanks for sharing this video! it made my night!

bmhs said...

God's so cool, isn't He?

Just think of all the amazingly awesome parts of creation and processes of our bodies that we don't even know about.

He's incredible!!!!

Have a great day, Mical.
Glad you're back to the blogosphere. :)
Alex