Friday, June 11, 2010

GoG 159: The Kick in the Pants

Blah. I am incredibly antsy tonight. I don't want to go to bed. I don't want to read my Bible. (Sorry, God.) I just want to go doooo something! I don't know what .... just something. Antsy. Antsy. Man ...

Thought I might as well focus in some thoughts on the Lord. Hopefully, it'll help me get my butt into gear and head upstairs to read my Bible. ... So yesterday. Yesterday was Wednesday. Wednesday, June 9, 2010. Sheesh. I've been sitting here for probably 5 minutes trying to write about my GoG. And I can't remember for the life of me what I did yesterday! I went to VBS last night ... but what else did I do? Man, alive! I need to get myself into a routine! Seriously, I've been laying around the house all week long ... other than going to VBS, I've been Facebooking, watching TV ... nearly nothing productive at all. I'd like to say I took the time to read or write letters of encouragement or SOMETHING cool ... but wow. I guess I did exercise, which is good - haven't done that in a while! I read a chapter - ONE - in Spirit-Controlled Temperament. Sheesh.

I guess the grace in all of that is ... it's a kick in the butt in some ways. We all go through "lulls" in life ... where, surprisingly, there's just not that much going on ... we get out of our routine. We get lazy and self-absorbed, and we need reminders to get us back on track. Let's say that yesterday was the kick in the pants I need to get back on track. Ha! And who woulda thought a kick in the butt could be grace??

No comments: