Friday, June 11, 2010

GoG 160: The Testimony of Julie Schnur

A couple of my youth group kids and I did a rent-a-youth project this afternoon. We went to the house of a really interesting lady from Calvary. She recently had neck surgery and needed some deep-cleaning done at her house. Julie Schnur is a woman who has been through lots of heartaches - both emotionally, physically, and spiritually. Wow, she's been through a lot! And yet she still loves the Lord, still trusts Him, and still lives her life for Him. She shared some of her hardships with us today, and I was simply blessed by what she had to say. I guess it was a bit of conviction too. I was reminded that I am entirely blessed to lead the life that I do. And I was also convicted because I am not always thankful for what I have or where I am or what I'm doing in my life. I was reminded to be thankful and also to serve where I'm at right now ... not worry about tomorrow.

Thank you, Lord, for the story of Julie Schnur.

No comments: