Friday, June 25, 2010

GoG 173: The Car to Drive

A couple days after my flood incident, I was driving my brother's old car. Thankfully, I was not deprived of a car after my accident. I didn't even miss a beat actually! I drove all over the place the same day I said goodbye to my Malibu. Amazing, huh?! ... Now, my brother's car is a bit old. It sits low to the ground. It doesn't have air conditioning. It has 150,000 miles on it. It makes a rattling noise when I drive it. Not a stellar car. But ... I found myself being thankful. Thankful that I had transportation. That I TOTALED MY CAR earlier that day, and I DIDN'T MISS A THING!!! It was like it hadn't even happened! I had a car to drive!!! Wow!

Having a car to drive is grace by itself ... but the fact that I was so thankful is even more grace! Thank you, Lord, for an eternal perspective in this crazy situation!

1 comment:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

First off, it's just a big hunk of metal on wheels with a motor--which is actually quite cool, and handy. Secondly, I love it when God steps in and makes you realize that He's been in control the entire time. Imagine that! God really is in control.