Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Journey with Jesus Day 11

Today I was listening to a song by the Daniel Doss Band.  Check 'em out!  They have a great message in their lyrics.  It was called "Lord Reign."  And I was deeply convicted and challenged.  When I think of God reigning in my life, I think of Him being with me or being in control ... or both.  But today, I had a profound sense that the song "Lord Reign" was more about allowing God's presence to fill our lives and transform our perspective.  I was struck right to the heart because I've been struggling with my attitude quite a bit lately.  And even more than just a bad attitude, I've been struggling with my perspective.  I've been wanting a baby lately.  I've been not liking my summer job lately.  I've been discouraged with my end of school year review at the high school.  I've been way too busy.  I've been tired.  I've just not been keeping my eyes on Jesus.  So I've been fighting discontentment and restlessness and ungratefulness and some discouragement lately.  I always get down on myself when I fall into these (lack of) perspectives because I am SOOOO blessed, and God is SOOOO good!  But I guess I'm human, so it's gonna happen from time to time.  And it's ALWAYS gonna happen when I take my eyes off Jesus ... even for just a day. ... So this song really spoke to me today.  I need to allow the Lord to reign in my life ... to fill up my mind and heart and spirit ... so that I can live with HIS perspective, not my own. ... Tonight, in my Jesus Calling, I was given Isaiah 40:29-31 ... a passage I've heard many times, but it always encourages me.
"God gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might He increases strength.  Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."

Hopefully I can not faint with my eating ... 'cause it's been pretty hit and miss the past few days.  I will keep trying though.  Today wasn't so good.
Breakfast - sausage and eggs
Lunch - PB&J, cheese stick, and broccoli with cheese
Snack - popcorn and sweet tea
Dinner - Chicago's pizza and breadsticks and orange juice
64 ounces of water
And for exercise, I hauled a bunch of merchandise from The Porch into the trailer for 40 minutes.

Hope everyone is having a good week!  Keep trying to focus on Jesus, not your circumstances.  God's perspective is the best perspective! :)

No comments: