Monday, June 23, 2014

Journey with Jesus Day 16

"Though you have not seen Him, you love Him.  Thought you do not now see Him, you believe in Him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory" (1 Peter 1:8).

Wow!  For some reason, this verse is really hitting me tonight.  I think it's because I wanna have this kind of faith ... to love Jesus even though I can't see Him ... that is such a beautiful picture of faith, isn't it?  Mmm ... yeah. :)  It reminds me of a verse that has popped up in my life lately ... Sunday during Pastor's sermon and in a Ken Davis video I was watching recently ... "... that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection" (Philippians 3:10).  These two verses just go together in my mind.  To know Jesus takes faith, growing faith.  To love Jesus requires faith.  To believe in Jesus and His resurrection is just exciting!  And to love Him even though I can't see Him is exciting to me too!  We can know the POWER of Jesus in our lives NOW, not just when we get to Heaven.  Jesus is ALIVE because of His resurrection, so WE are ALIVE in Him because of His resurrection!  We can KNOW Him and LOVE Him and BELIEVE in Him and EXPERIENCE His POWER ... E V E R Y D A Y ! ! !  All we have to do is tap into His power.  All we have to do is BE IN RELATIONSHIP with Him.  All we have to do is LIVE IN HIM.  Gosh!  I just wanna keep practicing this kind of faith every single day.  The Day is getting nearer and nearer.  Jesus is coming back, folks!  Let's be ready!  Let's be IN Him!  Let's KNOW Him every single day, ok??? :)

Breakfast - bacon and eggs
Lunch - turkey and noodles and green beans
"Snack" (right ... this is my first dinner!  Haha!) - half of a turkey club, popcorn, sweet tea, and a spoonful of peanut butter
(Second) Dinner - chicken, corn, and broccoli with cauliflower
64+ ounces of water :)
And I did yard work at The Porch for 6 HOURS today!  So yes, that is my workout for today ... and tomorrow ... and the next day ... ha!  Just kidding.  Just for today ... but man, I am worn out, yo!

To the tune of Dory's "Just keep swimming" song in Finding Nemo ...
Let's keep practicing.  Let's keep practicing.  Let's keep practicing, practicing, practicing (our faith in Jesus!)! :)

No comments: