Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Journey with Jesus Day 12

Wow, I've been lax with my Daniel Plan lately.  I think I've decided that when I'm overwhelmed I tend to let the important things go.  So I need to be careful!  I will say though ... I have read my Jesus Calling devotional and written in my prayer journal EVERY night of my Daniel Plan ... even the couple of days I got behind with my posts, I still did my devotions.  So I guess the MOST important thing was not let go, and that is saying something.  I don't wanna sell myself short this time!  I have done my devotions every night for the past 13 days!  I have been fighting a battle against the flesh everyday.  And I already know who wins --- JESUS!  So I just need to keep fighting and keep trying and keep finding my refuge in the Lord!  My Jesus Calling for tonight ... Psalm 34:8 ... talks about what a blessing it is to take refuge in the Lord.
I've been thinking tonight about how I wanna start over tomorrow ... how I can ... how tomorrow is Thursday, my "first" day of the week.  I've been pretty lax with my 3 teas and 2 desserts.  I'm gonna try again tomorrow.  More from my Jesus Calling tonight --- God's mercies are new every morning (Lamentations 3:22-23)!!!  And so I shall ... start over again. :)

Breakfast - Greek yogurt with granola and kiwi
Lunch - bean burrito and tortilla chips with salsa and guacamole and sweet tea
Snack - cheese stick
Dinner - BBQ pork, cheesy potatoes, green beans, garlic bread, and sweet tea
Dessert - slice and a half of cake
Only 6 glasses of water.
Did yard work and hauled heavy boxes for over 2 hours, so I'm counting that as my workout for today! :)

I've been leaving out one of my favorite parts of the Daniel Plan journal ... it has me write down one thing I am thankful for each day.  Today, I am thankful for our 20somethings Bible study group.  We have amazing leaders, Rick and Patti Ehrhardt, and we always have such great food and discussion.  I'm also thankful that my husband is a godly man and so full of faith .... he prayed for me today when I was struggling at work.  And his prayers worked!  My day got better, and I was able to find some perspective in the midst of frustration and discouragement.  Praise the Lord!  Every good and perfect gift is from HIM!  What are you thankful for today?

No comments: