Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Journey with Jesus Day 7

I've been really struggling with my summer job at The Porch.  Yeah, you heard me right.  It's only day three, and I am flipping losing my mind!  My mom needs A LOT of work done to her store before she opens later this summer .... and that work mostly includes me taking every single item in her store, dusting it off, and boxing it up .... and then loading it on a trailer.  It's just such a tedious, never-ending job ... and honestly, not at all what I wanna be doing with my time.  It's a blessing to get paid, but I'm just really struggling to stay thankful and have the right attitude ... and I'm just losing my mind!  All of that said, tonight's Jesus Calling was based on Romans 8:6 - "For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace."  Holla!  Exactly what I need to hear!  I just have to keep practicing the right attitude and keep staying focused on my day at a time, one hour at a time, one task at a time.  Remember your blessings, Mical ... you get to work for your mom.  You only work 6 hours a day.  You are getting paid!  Your hours are flexible.  This job is only temporary - 2 months.  Just be thankful, girl! .... And so I will keep trying!

Breakfast - Greek vanilla yogurt, granola, and mixed berries
Lunch - chicken, brown rice, cucumbers, apple, and trail mix
Snack - cheese stick and granola bar
Dinner - beef sandwich, cheez-it mix
Dessert - ice cream and toffee bars
64 ounces of water

Good night!

No comments: