Monday, June 30, 2014

Journey with Jesus Day 18

I've had kind of a rough day.  Just been emotional today.  Before I even left for work, I was irritable and emotional and just feeling burned out.  And I'm not sure why.  A couple different times today I was on the verge of tears over things that wouldn't usually bother me that much.  It's probably just hormones ... ladies, you hear me, right?  But man ... hormones or not, it is no fun to be down.  And then I was down on myself all evening at the church softball game ... just feeling ... to be blunt ... fat and ugly.  Again, ladies, I think you know what I'm talking about.  Overall, I feel fine about myself, but some days are fat and ugly days ... especially when I was hanging around two of the sweetest, most gorgeous women I know ... Darian Kirkpatrick and her sister, Chelsey Roberts.  I hate it, but I can't help but compare myself to them.  They are so thin and beautiful and sweet-spirited and calm and put together ... all the things I'm not ... okay, at least I don't think I can fit those descriptions ... maybe someone else will disagree with me ... let's not be a total downer.  Anyways ... I probably shouldn't post such a downer post ... but this was my day today. ... But I am reminded that tomorrow is another day in which God's mercies are new for me - yay!  And the only person I should compare myself with is Christ ... or at least Christ's perspective of me ... and He thinks I am fearfully and wonderfully made - yay!  I am me.  I'm my own person.  I'm beautiful in my own way.  I'm striving to love Jesus with all my heart and be all His.  So again, tomorrow is a new day to start all over.  Let's end on a positive note. :)

Breakfast - sausage and eggs and a granola bar
Lunch - brown rice with hamburger meat and broccoli and cauliflower
Snack - apple with peanut butter, cheese stick, and flax seed crackers
Dinner - chicken, potatoes, broccoli and cauliflower, and sweet tea :)
Snack - trail mix
64 ounces of water
No workout ... gotta get back to that more consistently

Heading off here to renew my perspective with God's Word.  Good night, all! :)

No comments: