Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Journey with Jesus Day 14

Vacation Bible School has been so great this week!  I have to be honest and say I wasn't looking forward to it at all.  We have just been so busy, and I am overcommitted.  But I have always loved VBS.  It is so awesome to teach young kids how to grow in their faith and help them draw closer to Jesus.  That's why we're here on this planet, right?  To point people to Christ.  So VBS is just the coolest!  And it has been such a blessing to be apart of it this week.  This year, we started a youth group aspect to it ... the teenagers not only help with VBS, but we have a Bible study with them each night of the week during VBS as well.  Wow, it has been great ... even if the new 7th grade boys told me straight up that my lessons are boring.  Haha!  Ironically, they were more engaged tonight than any other night this week. ;)  Pouring into children ... and everyone, for that matter ... is a wonderfully rewarding thing! :)

Breakfast - sausage and eggs
Lunch - brown rice, smoked sausage, and broccoli and cauliflower
Dinner - chicken parmesan, spaghetti squash alfredo, corn on the cob, green beans, and sweet tea :)
Oh, and I did have a handful of chocolate chips - yum!
Snack - tortilla chips with guacamole and sour cream and salsa
I drank tons of water today ... but I also sweated a bunch of it out too.  I mulched at The Porch for about 45 minutes at the end of my work day ... and it was hardcore work!  Counting that as my workout again today 'cause it totally counts! :D

Just a quick praise report!
I have been working for my mom for almost 3 weeks.  The first couple of weeks were pretty rough ... but this week has been great!  I'm not taking things off the shelves any longer, so I'm sure that helps quite a bit.  But I'm beginning to see the vision for the place ... and it's gonna be awesome!  It already is!  And I am just getting a lot done.  My attitude has been so much better, and I just feel God's presence with me each day.  I have so much to be thankful for ... and I just want to praise God for the opportunity to be apart of The Porch ... it is an awesome little bookstore and cafe', but it is also a wonderful ministry!  My Jesus Calling for tonight put it well when it said, "Tasks that you used to dread are becoming rich opportunities to enjoy My closeness."  It's so true.  When we choose to focus on Jesus in every situation, we begin to know and feel His presence and see those not so fun circumstances as chances to talk to Him and draw close to Him instead of complaining or getting discouraged.  It's a tough mindset to maintain, but I am learning a lot about it these days.  Thank you, Holy Spirit, for always being at work in my life!  What kind of circumstances do you need to turn over to Jesus today? :)

No comments: