Sunday, June 8, 2014

SoZo Devotionals: Faithfulness

Man, I just can't seem to get these devotionals up consistently.  I'm so sorry for those of you who are wanting these each week.  I just can't seem to figure out how to slow down.  I will keep trying to be consistent.  I hope you will be consistent to read your Bibles and spend time with Jesus even when I don't get these devos up on time.

Last Sunday, we talked a lot about faithfulness.  We came up with several phrases to define faithfulness: true repentance, Truth in the inner most being, selflessness, and dependence on God.  Think about these definitions as you read passages about faithfulness this week.  I just have a few passages this week ...

Devo #1 - Read Proverbs 3:1-8
- Why does keeping God's commands bring us peace? (vs. 1-2)
- Verse 3 says, "Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you ..."  Why should we "bind love and faithfulness around our necks" and "write them on our hearts"?  What does that even mean?
- Why should we NOT trust our OWN understanding? (v. 5)
- How does fearing the Lord and turning away from evil refresh us? (vs. 7-8)

Devo #2 - Read Psalm 25:1-10
- What does trusting in the Lord have to do with being faithful to the Lord?
- Verses 4-7 are a prayer.  What about this prayer reveals faithfulness?
- What happens when we keep God's commands? (v. 10)

Devo #3 - Read Psalm 86:1-13
- Verses 1-7 are a prayer of yearning.  What about this prayer reveals faithfulness?
- Verse 8 says, "There is none like You, Lord...."  Hoe does believing this statement reveal faithfulness?
- In the NIV, verse 11 says, "Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may rely on your faithfulness."  Other versions say, "Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your Truth."  What does faithfulness have to do with God's Truth?

The celebration service on Sunday night was so amazing!  God really does want to meet with us!  We just have to be willing to meet with Him, make the time, and invite Him into our lives!  I hope y'all will take some time to invite Him in this week.  I'm gonna keep practicing doing just that! :)  Love you guys!  Have a great week!

No comments: