Monday, June 2, 2014

Journey with Jesus Day 5

Yay!  Such a good day!!!  My best day on the Daniel Plan yet! :)

Breakfast - blueberry Greek yogurt, granola, and mixed berries and breakfast sausage
Lunch - homemade chicken and noodles and mixed veggies
Snack - cheese and flax seed crackers and trail mix
Dinner - chicken, cauliflower, and corn with my last sweet tea of the week
And I drank my 64 ounces of water too! :)

After "blowing" it yesterday, it sure feels nice to do well.  I have had a headache all afternoon and evening though ... not sure why.  But it was a good day of eating and starting my new schedule.  I didn't "work out" today ... but really, I did!  I did yard work at The Porch for 5 hours today!  Whhhoooaa!  I am pooped!  Darrell did lots of movement today too, so we're both wiped and heading for bed as soon as I finish this blog post.  But before I end, I wanted to share a quick thought from my Daniel Plan journal.  The journal gives Scripture and devotional blurbs for each day, and today's blurb was about the friends essential.  It talked about finding friends to walk the Daniel Plan journey with you ... friends who are safe and who accept you unconditionally.  Thankfully, I have a good group of friends and family who love me and support me so well, but when I think of someone who accepts me unconditionally, as well as cheers me on with my Daniel Plan all the time, I think of my mother-in-law, Jan.  She is such an incredibly godly woman, and she is the perfect example of strength and support with just the right amount of encouragement (lots!) and NO condemnation.  I am so thankful for her, and I love how our friendship blossoms more and more over time.  If you are doing the Daniel Plan, or any other healthy eating/life plan, you need a buddy!  A good one ... like my mom-in-law!

Sleep well, everyone!  And wake up excited that God's mercies are new tomorrow morning ... and everyday for that matter!  GREAT is His FAITHFULNESS! :)

No comments: