Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Journey with Jesus Day 13

Well, so much for posting for 40 days in a row.  I'm not sure I could follow through with a blog project if my life depended on it!  Ha!  I have started so many projects ... sheesh.  Oh well, I am determined to finish this one, even if I don't post every single day for 40 days.  That was a lofty goal ... we are just too busy!  And man, we are!  I can't keep up!  I get overwhelmed all the time and so easily.  Just gotta keep my focus on Jesus. :)
I've had some good days and some bad days with my Daniel Plan lately.  This weekend, we ate terribly.  But this week, has been much better.  I'm gonna keep working at it.  It may be the slowest process ever, but I'm gonna keep working at it!

Breakfast - sausage and eggs and a few bites of a banana
Lunch - pb&j, broccoli and cauliflower, a pickle, and some cheese
Dinner - brown rice and smoked sausage and broccoli with sweet tea to drink
Snack - crackers and cheese
More than 64 ounces of water
And I did over 2 hours of push mowing and mulching today ... it was hard work!  That is my workout for the day.

Tonight, at VBS, I talked with the teenagers and the kidos about trusting in the Lord.  I love the picture in Jeremiah 17:7-8 about the tree planted by streams of water.  When we trust in the Lord, we are like that tree ... full of life, standing strong during trials, and bearing good fruit for others to see.  God is so faithful!  Why wouldn't we trust Him?

No comments: