Thursday, June 19, 2014

Journey with Jesus Day 15

Tonight, at Vacation Bible School, the theme was based on Hebrews 12:1 ... the short version that the kids were asked to memorize says, "Let us throw off everything that hinders and run the race."  I had so much fun talking to each group of kids about what hinder means and how we need to get rid of anything that gets in the way of us following after Jesus.  I need that reminder every single day!  And tonight, in my Jesus Calling reading, the focus was on the verse that says, "No one can serve two masters."  I thought, how fitting!  That goes right along with throwing off things that hinder us from knowing Christ because, most of the time, we try to serve two masters ... we try to serve God, and we try to serve that thing or person or experience that is really just hindering us from serving God.  I just love it when lessons line up.  When what God is teaching me (staying focused on Him, not my circumstances) lines up with VBS and my Jesus Calling and thoughts that the Holy Spirit brings to my mind and whatever else.  Just wanted to share. :)

Breakfast - sausage and eggs and a granola bar
Lunch - brown rice and smoked sausage, broccoli, and green beans
Dessert - Frost Bite ... yummy! :)
Dinner - turkey avocado BLT and a pickle
Snack - cheese stick and a spoonful of peanut butter
More than 64 ounces of water :)

No real physical activity, but I do want to share a couple of decisions I'm proud of ... I wanted a sweet green tea at Panera so bad, but I didn't get one because I had ice cream with Mags and Emily earlier in the day.  I also really wanted some lasagna and garlic bread when I got home from VBS ... I had the lasagna and bread on a plate in the microwave, but I said "NO!" and put them back.  For me, these are big accomplishments!  Every little bit helps, right?

No comments: