Thursday, June 26, 2014

Journey with Jesus Day 17

The Day is approaching!  Jesus is coming back soon!  The world is getting crazier, and deception is everywhere. .... I've been thinking about faithfulness again lately.  That's a theme in my life I think God will never stop teaching me, and I'm glad 'cause more than anything I wanna be faithful to Jesus.  When I fall into attitudes of ungratefulness and discontentment, or I'm just a downright grumpy face (ha!), God reminds me of faithfulness.  He just wants me to be faithful ... no matter where I'm at or what I'm doing ... God's ultimate calling for my life is to live for Him, grow in Him, and be more like Christ.  I think one of the biggest problems with this world today is that Christians are getting too wrapped up in tolerance and what they "think" Jesus desires for our lives here on earth, and they are forgetting about obedience.  And obedience and faithfulness go hand in hand.  I was just reading in 1 Samuel tonight where God commanded Saul to take out the Amalekites ... completely.  No survivors.  No spoil.  Kill 'em all, and take nothing.  I don't know why exactly ... I'm sure the Amalekites were evil.  And sure, to our feeble, human minds, to just wipe 'em out sounds pretty harsh.  How could a loving God do that?  But the reality is ... God is not just a God of love; He is also a JUST God.  He can't be in the presence of sin.  And God is a GOOD God (the ONLY true and good God, by the way), and He has His reasons.  I'm gonna trust in who He IS (and WAS and WILL BE ... which is all the same, by the way again). ... Anyway ... Saul killed everyone but took all the animals and plunder.  Not good.  He was DISOBEDIENT.  Oh, Saul said he wanted to sacrifice that plunder to the Lord ... but no, God didn't want that.  God is more concerned about our OBEDIENCE (our faithfulness) than He is about our "sacrifices," our fleshly desires, our tolerance for what WE "think" is right or what WE "think" HE thinks is right.  What God calls right is literally in Scripture ... in black and white.  We may not always understand it, but that doesn't mean we can change it to say what we want it to say or ignore parts of it or do our own thing with it.  No, we must OBEY.  We must be FAITHFUL to God's Word.  Deception is all around us.  We must stay on the alert.  We must choose to OBEY GOD rather than sacrifice our morels and doctrine on the alter of tolerance and, ultimately, disobedience.

"And Samuel said, 'Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord?  Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to listen than the fat of rams'" (1 Samuel 15:22).

Breakfast - cheese stick, cashews & almonds, and a granola bar
Lunch - flax seed crackers & cheese & ham, broccoli & cauliflower, pickles, and trail mix
Snack - tortilla chips and sour cream
Dinner - curry chicken over brown rice and green beans with sweet tea to drink
Dessert - brownie with milk
Only got 4 glasses of water in today and no workout ... but I'm continuing to eat more veggies.  And slowly but surely, I'm learning to make better choices overall ... and that's exciting!  Gonna keep working at being obedient in the area of food and fitness.

No comments: