Wednesday, March 10, 2010

GoG 59: The Stranger's Prayer

The very last session of the youth pastor's conference was held a week ago Monday. It was the last talk about leaving a legacy for our youth group kids. The speaker asked us to find a partner and talk about several things ... but the part that stuck out the most was when we were asked to share what we want more than anything in the world.

Somehow, I was able to get real honest with my partner. Her name was Kim. ... I shared with her that I want to marry a youth pastor ... that I don't want to be the one "in charge" forever ... that I want to work alongside someone, namely, my husband ... not have others work alongside me.

And she was surprised.

And I was surprised that she was surprised.

I have always dreamed this .... ever since I got into youth ministry, I've wanted to MARRY a youth pastor, not BE a youth pastor. ..... Now, God is good at conforming our desires to His ... so thankfully, I am in love with my position at Calvary. I LOVE being with my kids, loving on them, teaching them, encouraging them, just simply spending time with them. And I am confident that God has me where He wants me. But I still have an ache deep down ... an ache to work alongside my husband in ministry.

But to say all of that, I spilled some of this to Kim at the last session ..... and she prayed for me. And it meant so much to me that she prayed for me. A total stranger listened empathetically and prayed for me ... and I felt God moving in her prayer. .... I think it was one of the greatest blessings of the weekend.

No comments: