Wednesday, March 3, 2010

GoG 55: The Conference

Well, I'm behind again. Are we surprised? ;) .... I was gone for 4 days over the weekend .... so that's my excuse for now.

This past weekend I went to SYMC (Simply Youth Ministry Conference). It was held in Chicago, Illinois, and it was incredible! Going to that conference is God's grace in my life ... but I'm using it at my GoG for last Thursday. Thursday night after after school, I left for Chicago. I traveled to Merrilville, Indiana and stayed in a Motel 6 for the night ... first hotel experience by myself. It was great! I took advantage of the night alone to spend some extra time with the Lord ... and it was good. :)

The entire weekend was amazing! The speakers were great - passionate and full of truth to share with us ... as well as challenges to push us in our walk with Christ and in our ministry. The sessions were full of great ideas. And I wrestled with several questions about my specific calling, my ministry at Calvary, being a woman in ministry, being single, living and ministering with abandon to Christ ... and so forth. I met cool people ... I laughed ... I cried ... I worshiped ... I wrestled in prayer and in pondering with the Lord ... it was an incredible weekend! And I got to go for free!!!! Wow ... God's grace. What a privilege to go to a conference like this. Thank you, Lord. :)

1 comment:

bmhs said...

I'm glad it was so successful. :)
Who'd have thunk it a year ago--Mical, college graduate, going to youth ministry conferences?

God just keeps rolling things along, doesn't He? :)

Alex