Wednesday, March 10, 2010

GoG 68: The ATF Trip

I spent a good chunk of the day today getting ready for our SoZo trip to Muncie for Acquire the Fire. Acquire the Fire (ATF) is a Friday night/Saturday event devoted to worship and getting into God's word for teenagers! I went when I was a freshman in high school ... haven't been back since ... but it was tons of fun and really pointed me back to Christ.

Since Pastor Mike and Shelley left over 2 years ago now, SoZo hasn't done any real trips. Sure, we went to King's Island a couple of times ... but nothing really great - nothing life-changing. This year, we are going to Acquire the Fire and Nashville, TN for a mission trip. I'm pretty stoked about it!

This weekend's trip should be great! And prepping for it today helped me remember what a privilege it is to go on trips like this, how fun they are, and how much I've missed them. And by God's grace, we are going again! Praise the Lord!

No comments: