Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Great Conversation ... and another found PROMISE from the Lord!

Conversation! Isn't it great!!!??? Conversation is one of favorite things ever! For those who know me well, I'm sure you know I love to talk(!) ... loudly and excitedly, most of the time! ;) Ha ha! And conversation is one of my favorite things to do! I just love people! So therefore, I love to talk with them ... since that's what we human beings tend to do from time to time. ;)

I had a GREAT conversation with a friend on Thursday night, and it was one of the most encouraging, uplifting conversations I've had in awhile. One of the most God-centered conversations, for sure! Don't you love it when you meet people who are just bursting with Jesus!? (Alex is that new friend I'm talking about, by the way!) :) .... It was a great time! We sat and talked about Psalm 37 (one of her favorites) for awhile, and then we moved through the rest of the Psalms and even into Isaiah and Jeremiah and Proverbs ... talking about all of the verses we had underlined in our Bibles. It was great! Hearing Alex talk about the way God was using His word in her life was inspiring and exciting. It gave me a bit of a push to get me through the rest of my week.

During our trip through Psalms, Proverbs, Isaiah, and Jeremiah .... I "stumbled across" a word from the Lord! One, I believe, He meant specifically for me at that moment! I've been in real need of guidance, healing, and comfort over the past 6 weeks, and God has been giving it - a lot - over the past week. :)

Isaiah 57:18-19 says .... "I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will guide him and restore comfort to him, creating praise on the lips of the mourners in Israel."

WHAT A PROMISE!!! God is faithful! The EXACT things I need in my life right now, all in one verse! And all because God provides godly friends to share CONVERSATION with! Amazing stuff!

Conversation .... you should try it sometime - and often! :)

1 comment:

bmhs said...

A tetralist (list of 4):

1.) God's word is just dripping with promises.
2.) These promises are not just for certain "special" people--they are for you, Mical, and me!
3.) We KNOW in our heart of hearts that they WILL come true, because He said so.
4.)We can have tremendous joy and hope spring up from this--Hallelujah!

Alex :D