Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Just Some Thoughts :)

Alright. Once again, I should be doing homework. But I'll get to it right after this post! Honest! God's been pouring on the peace this morning in the midst of some sadness, so I'm gonna share!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A song - "Blessed is the One" .... if you can get ahold of the Daniel Doss Band on iTunes or by going to the store to buy it or in some way, shape, or form - do it! If God is bringing craziness your way or taking some things away from you or allowing hurt into your life .... the lyrics to this entire cd have been an amazing comfort.

"Blessed is the one who trusts You. Like a tree that CANNOT be moved." ... chorus - "Blessed is the one who trusts You, FAITHFUL, JUST, and GOOD ... SHEPHERD of my HEART. Lead me to where You are, for I will trust You."

Good stuff! God is the SHEPHERD of our hearts! Isn't that an amazing thought!!!??? Shepherds watch over their sheep; they protect them from wolves/bears/lions/crazy trials and tribulations! They leave the 99 to find the ONE and bring her back! My one heart ... God cares about my one, little heart. And He cares about yours too! Trust Him with it!!!!!!!!

Another song - "Beauty from Pain." If you are going through pain right now ... listen to this Superchick song. The lyrics are amazing - EXACTLY what I've been going through and what I'm COMING OUT OF!

Chorus: "After all this has passed, I still will remain. After I've cried my last, there'll be beauty from pain. Though it won't be today, someday I'll hope again. And there'll be beauty from pain. You will bring beauty from my pain."

NO MATTER WHAT is going on in your life right now! Pain? Jesus is standing at your side, PULLING YOU THROUGH! He's gonna bring BEAUTY from that pain!!!! TRUST HIM FOR THAT! I am. :)

A passage of scripture - Psalm 20.

I've been reading through Psalms for my morning devotions, and I arrived at Psalms 19 and 20 this morning. The Psalms are good! Read 'em! ... Today!!! This Psalm is my prayer for all of you who are hurting and healing from wounds God has allowed into your life (By the way, they are there to GROW you!!!! - I'm growing through mine!).

"May the Lord answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you. May He send you help from the sanctuary and grant you support from Zion. May He remember all your sacrifices and accept your burnt offerings. MAY HE GIVE YOU THE DESIRE OF YOUR HEART AND MAKE ALL YOUR PLANS SUCCEED. We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the Lord grant all your requests. Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed; He answers him from His holy heaven with the saving power of His right hand. Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. They are brought to their knees and fall, BUT WE RISE UP AND STAND FIRM. O Lord, save the king! Answer us when we call."

Yeah! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't that just give you a BOOST?! Me too! .... Keep leaning on Jesus! Some crazy things are happening in my life right now ... God is calming my heart, but wow! Crazy! All I know is that OUR GOD IS FAITHFUL!!!

KEEP TRUSTING HIM! :D

1 comment:

bmhs said...

"Just some Thoughts" should be edited to "Just some [Totally Encouraging] Thoughts."

We cannot be moved. We have a deep root in Christ, and the times of trial force our roots to grow deeper in Him. Thank you for the reminder that He WILL bring beauty from pain...not just "might" or "can", but "will", because He says so. Yay!

There's a hymn that says: "For it holds, my anchor holds/blow your wildest, then, O gale/on my bark so small and frail/by His grace, I shall not fail/for it holds, my anchor holds/my anchor holds."

Praise God!

Thanks for sharing. Even if you don't get lots of comments right now, don't feel that your blog is inignificant and pointless. Be assured--it touches people, and provides much-needed boosts of encouragement to your brothers and sisters in Christ. I know it firsthand! I get so excited when you have a new post....keep 'em rollin'. :)

Have a great rest of the week. I'll be praying for you!
Alex