Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy Thoughts!!! :D

So I have two thoughts to share with ya'll tonight. :) Happy thoughts!

#1 - I have the BEST friends in the world! I hung out with many of them all afternoon. We had lunch at Fazoli's .... and ya know, true friends can always tell when you're "not right." They can always tell when you've been crying or when your demeanor is out of the ordinary ... yep, another rough day for me ... but I was so encouraged that my friends could tell from the moment I got to lunch. Yay for Ben, Alex, and Matt! :D I heart you guys! ... So we ate lunch, and then we headed to Beasley's Orchard for an afternoon of food and a cornmaze and football! Way too much fun! And even though my team got whomped on in football, I got to tackle Ben once, score a touchdown or two, and get high fives from Matt Harris. The side hug from Ben, conversations with Alex, laughs with Jesse, and the smiles from Matt were also a boost! Yay for friends! And yay for MY AMAZING friends who NEVER cease to boost my spirit!

#2 - Youth group (Common Ground was tonight) was amazing today! We had folks from Grace Fellowship, Pittsboro United Methodist, and Calvary all at our church, and it was a great encouragement!!!! ... I FINALLY worked up the courage to talk to the Pittsboro folks ... not that they're scary people or anything, I'm just not SUPER outgoing by nature - I have to work at it! So I put my "wanna be" boldness into action, and it was great! I introduced myself to their entire youth group - a group of about 15 middle school and high school students. :) I even remember all of their names!!! And later that night, I talked with a girl named Chelsey - she loves musicals just like me! A girl named Alissa got excited to talk to me - even shared that her birthday was this week ... and it was just fun to be liked. :) And my favorite! A guy named Matt asked me if I was coming to the next Common Ground ... I said "Oh yeah!" and he said "sweet," and then proceeded to tell me that he plays the bass for their worship band at Pittsboro UM. He was so excited to tell me! It was great! Soooo exciting!

Out of all the crazy things happening in my life. Out of all the "lack" of direction God is giving (yeah, it's not really a lack of direction ... it's just Him waiting to tell me ... trying to stay positive here!) ;) ... but out of all the crazy things God has taken away and allowed into my life over the past 6 weeks, YOUTH GROUP is THE experience/ministry/CALLING (Yes, Ben - I'm called!) ;) ... in which I KNOW God is saying "Rock out, Mical! Serve! Love! Pour yourself into these girls (even the guys to some extent)! Be my vessel! THIS is what I'm calling you to do right NOW!" It is pretty exciting!

God is continuing to heal and restore in many areas of my life. I'm gonna have down days ... I'm human. What can I say? ;) But God is soooo faithful "to will and to act according to His good purpose" (Philippians 2:13). God is soooo faithful to complete the good work He started in me - and in YOU! (Philippians 1:6). He is soooo faithful to work things out for our good ("for those who love Him and have been called according to His purpose" - that's me! That's you!) (Romans 8:28). He HAS plans to "prosper [us] and not to harm [us], plans to give [us] a HOPE and a FUTURE!" (Jeremiah 29:11). He is soooo faithful to guide us and teach us! (Psalm 25:4-5 and Psalm 32:8). And He promises to heal and restore comfort to us! (Isaiah 57:18-19). WOW! No matter how down I get some days ... I am excited that I have these promises to hold onto! Our God is faithful!

Keep leaning on HIM for STRENGTH! Keep seeking His face! Keep loving on Him as He lavishes YOU with His mighty and never-failing LOVE! Don't give up! Don't even think it! Don't let your sorrows, your broken heart, your messed up circumstances pull you away from Jesus! Don't let your focus get off of HIM! LOVE HIM! CHERISH HIM! SERVE HIM! SEEK HIM ALL THE HARDER THIS WEEK! Make this your #1 goal this week - to spend more GENUINE and QUALITY time with your SAVIOR!!!! THAT is what MY #1 goal is for this week!!!!! (And be sure to keep me accountable! Ask me how I did/how I'm doing this week!)

Our God is faithful! Lean on Him this week!!!! That's what I'm gonna do!

"Oh, HEAL and RESTORE us, Lord. Be GLORIFIED IN and THROUGH us!!! We LOVE YOU, ALMIGHTY Lord and God!!!!!!"

1 comment:

bmhs said...

His Faithfulness abounds!
Let's jump, dance, laugh, smile, and sing for the joy of His perfect ways! :D :D :D :D :D :D

I had a lot of fun Sunday, too, Mical. Thanks for coming and hanging out with us--great times.

Hope you're all back together today after yesterday's cry-out?

Alex