Saturday, September 13, 2008

Just some thoughts from a broken yet healing heart ...

Hmm ....

So what do you do with pain? How do you cope with the hurts that come your way? What is the answer when you feel like you can do NOTHING else but cry? How do you deal with feelings of deep sadness? How do you glorify God in your pain? What is the answer when you have no answers? When you are getting no answers? What is the answer? ... Or should I say whom?

Yep, that's right! Jesus! Jesus!!!! JESUS IS THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When you have no answers to your questions ... to your longings that are not fulfilled ... to the purpose you feel you lack ... to the feelings of bitterness, inadequacy, longing, and pain you feel so deep down in your soul .... JESUS! When you don't know what to do? JESUS! When you can't focus on anything but the bummers that are in your life - JESUS! No matter what happens - Jesus is the answer!!!

Huh. ........ I have been a Christian for almost 16 years ... and isn't it crazy and amazing and wow-fun when God teaches you new things that are so simple? Isn't it amazing that after years and years of being a follower of Christ, Jesus pours so much into your life that you can't help but grow in Him in new and amazing ways? Isn't it unfathomable how much God loves us in spite of our worry, our lack of trust, our wallowing in pain? Isn't it beyond amazing how God shows us more of Himself when we really and truly and wholly seek Him? When we genuinely cry out to Him for help and fulfillment and hope and rest and strength? He gives it! He gives it all so freely! He is so ready to take our burdens, to love us through them, to give us hope and purpose (or to remind us of the hope and purpose we already have in Him!).

The faithfulness of God ... there really is NOTHING like it! Even in the midst of some crazy things going on in my life, God is FAITHFUL. He is constantly reminding me of His PLAN for my life! That He is NOT done writing my sentence (God's Grammar Lessons - remember that post?). He is not done putting in all of the punctuation. He is not done crafting the important parts of my sentence - where the commas go, where the action verbs and linking verbs go (those things that I DO and those things that God is LINKING to the other parts of my life to make my life complete), where the nouns go (the people, places, and things that God is planning out for me to experience), where the adjectives go (the beautiful and pure and amazing events, people, situations, and fulfilled desires that God is planning out for my life!). He has EACH and EVERY part of my life's sentence planned out! He is faithful to complete it! One of my FAVORITE verses in scripture is Philippians 1:6 - "being confident of this, that He who began a GOOD work in YOU will carry it on to COMPLETION until the day of Christ Jesus." What a promise! He's got everything planned out ... right down to the smallest details of my life! And He has promised to carry the GOOD on to COMPLETION! COMPLETE! That's what I want to be! Not lacking anything! Like it says in James 1:4 - "And perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and COMPLETE, not lacking anything." .... Man. Good stuff!

I am holding onto those promises today! Why don't you try to as well? :) God is faithful - He NEVER fails. Keep leaning on Him with all that you are!!!!!!!!!!!! And I will too! :D

1 comment:

JAN said...

I love this post Mical. :-) I'm going to make A. read it. He's been going through a rough patch himself and I know this will encourage him!
Not to mention the fact that he wants to be writer-I love God's Grammar Lessons. It's a fun way to look at God's character, His plan, His love for us....