Saturday, September 27, 2008

"Me" Poem :)

Wow! 3 posts from me in one day! Aren't you excited?! ;) Well, when I submitted my "Where I'm From" poem, I remembered a poem I wrote during an IUPUI University Writing Center staff meeting. (Yep, we do fun stuff in the UWC!) We wrote "Me" poems. This poem is kind of a fill-in-the-blank poem. The idea is to write your first name on the first line. 3 (or more) characteristics that describe you on the second line, "relative of ".... (fill in the blank) on the third line, "lover of" ... on the 4th, "who feels" ... on the 5th, "who needs" ... on the 6th, "who fears" ... on the 7th, "who gives" ... on the 8th, and "resident of" ... on the 9th line. Lastly, you write your last name as the last line. This is what my "Me" poem looks like. :) Steal this for your own blog, so I can get to know you better! Yay! Enjoy! :)

"Me" Poem

Mical
A loving, striving, encouraging goofball.
Relative of Wesley Robert (my little brother).
Lover of Jesus, people, and music.
Who feels nervous yet excited.
Who needs overwhelming joy.
Who fears broken relationships.
Who gives encouragement.
Resident of Danville, Indiana - my favorite town in the world!
Masterson.

This poem was written at the UWC staff meeting a day before school started. If I were to re-write this poem now (and I am!), then it would look like this.

Mical
A loving, striving, encouraging goofball.
Relative of an amazing group of friends called family.
Lover of Jesus, people, and music.
Who feels completely broken yet at peace (most of the time).
Who needs overwhelming joy and a hug.
Who fears broken relationships.
Who gives encouragement.
Resident of purpose in Christ alone.
Masterson.

Slightly different. Yeah ... God is faithful. Have a great Saturday, blogger friends! :D

2 comments:

CHARLAX said...

The First Fable of CharlaX
The First Fable of CharlaX

A Falcon Cry


CharlaXFabels

The Falcon Cries:
He spreads his wings in vain attempts to dry
He tells me once in a whistle WHY?
Why cannot we fly? When will the rain let up and let me in the air?
When will the water stop to drop on feathers so wet there?
The Falcon Cries:
A mournful sound so loud in quiet of early morn
His claws dug deeper in the branch to keep from being torn
Away from perching in the storm
His sharpened beak at work to smooth his feathers
He was using extra care no longer talking just to me his only whistle
Told me many things

The Falcon Cries:
We disagreed with all the rain both the Falcon and the eye.
Why can't we fly?
Eye could clasp the bird to bosom and dry his feathers there
A bird so wild and wonderful so hurt
With all my tears for the Falcon Cry.


this bird was there in a tree this mourning for mee the eye he is mye hero well my hero is JESUS who brought this bird to eye yrkovjdv

bmhs said...

Neat idea, Mical! Hmm....now I have an idea for when I'm out of talking points for my blog. ha, like that'll ever happen. ;)

Seriously, though, great idea. And, I would say that that is a very accurate summary of you.

Savor God's faithfulness!
Alex