Monday, September 29, 2008

Thoughts from the Psalms :)

I've been reading through the Psalms in the mornings when I first get to school, and God has been using them as a shower of peace in my life. And my favorite thing about the Psalms (about all of God's Word, for that matter!) is that ... this is my 4th journey through them, and I am getting something NEW out of EVERY chapter! Isn't that crazy? And tons of fun? Indeed! ... Today, I just wanted to share a couple of thoughts (passages from the Psalms with perhaps some Mical thoughts too) with you all. :)

Psalm 31:1-10
"In You, O Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in Your righteousness. Turn Your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Since You are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of Your name lead and guide me. Free me from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge. Into Your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O Lord, the God of truth. I hate those who cling to worthless idols; I trust in the Lord. I will be glad and rejoice in Your love, for You saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul. You have not handed me over to the enemy but have set my feet in a spacious place. Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and my body with grief. My life is consumed by anguish and my years by groaning; my strength fails because of my affliction, and my bones grow weak."

I have felt much like this Psalm over the past 6 weeks, and I am encouraged to know that the great heroes of the Bible (David, in this case) struggled just as I do now. If you get down to it, they probably struggled FAR more than I do - another thought that is good to think about ... it helps me keep things in perspective. ;) I also like this passage because it talks about God being our REFUGE. I've been searching out the Psalms for the word refuge ... and have been dwelling a bit on what it means for God to be my refuge. Good stuff! Look up the definition of "refuge" in the dictionary, and dwell on it for awhile. God is our refuge! Our shelter! Our hiding place! Our safety and comfort and place of peace from the world's/life's crazies! ;)

And this morning I was reading Psalms 34 and 35. Psalm 34:18 stuck out ... ha! God is so hilarious and great - giving me verses right when I need 'em ... and in a "See, Mical ... I AM taking care of things" kind of way.

Psalm 34:18
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Isn't it great how God brings reminders that pinpoint EXACTLY how we are feeling and give us hope and a promise for all of our needs? Yep, it's great!

Alrighty ... back to homework! Just wanted to share some cool Psalms with ya'll today! Keep reading your Bibles! Love you all!

2 comments:

bakerhj said...

love you CCF!!

bmhs said...

More promises from Psalms--what riches we have to meditate upon!